Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Movie & sports magazines : Scrapped ?

This is a discussion on Movie & sports magazines : Scrapped ? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Guys, So ive been with sky for 3yrs now & until Oct/Nov have been getting what originally was the ...

BLADESMAN1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Movie & sports magazines : Scrapped ?

Hi Guys,

So ive been with sky for 3yrs now & until Oct/Nov have been getting what originally was the Monthly Sky Mag, Sky Movies & Sky Sports magazines, which around 1 yr ago the Movie & Sports mag went bi monthly to save on paper/costs.

Until as i said in Oct & then after the 1st week in Nov i hadnt recieved any of the 3 mags. So i called up Sky & the Cus Serv lady said "very sorry Sir i'll get those off to you right away - you ARE down on the system to recieve those mags so i dont know what happened."

Then a few days later i recieved 2 parcels in big white envelopes which i opened & found that i had been sent the November issue twice. (the edition with the 50 HD channels on the front cover) i thought when opening that it was strange them coming in the white envelopes instead of the clear poly bags.

So i assumed that maybe as they now come out bi monthly that it was too late for both the Movie & Sports edition & that another of the 2 was due in the post, but nothing arrived. So after waiting another week or so, today i decided to call Cust Serv AGAIN to find out what was going on ?

So i called & tried to explain (which i know is very confusing) but the lady claimed that the 3 magazines had all been rolled into 1 to save on paper/costs as sky were a "Carbon Neutral company" bla bla.

So i said "well i guess that explains that" & ended the call. Now if i'm honest i dont ever read the monthly 'Sky mag' but as the Cus Serv lady had claimed that ALL sports & movie listings/previews/premiers were now in the main mag i opened it to check & found a picture referance to the latest Sports mag (with Rory McILROY) & the same for the Movies mag (AVATAR)

So somewhat baffled i called back Cus Serv & spoke with a differant lady who this time claimed there was "NO SUCH THING AS A SEPERATE SPORT/MOVIE MAG" she told me that she had been a customer since June & had never been sent a copy & that 1 mag covered all 3.

I told her i was looking at the 2 seperate mags in the November issue but she flatly refused to accept it. I evan joked to her that maybe i was dreaming/having a nigtmare ! ! !

Please can someone explain or shed any light on this....Ps I have posted via Opera 10 for Windows mobile which Usually doesnt allow me (evan though i put them in) to post using seperate paragraphs.

cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Movie & sports magazines : Scrapped ?

I don't know about the Sports but the Movies Mag is now bi-monthly*. The latest, with Avatar on the front, covers Nov/Dec.

*Every 2 months.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The Sports mag is bi-monthly as well. Mine usually goes in the bin after a quick look athe the pictures.

Exchange:
      Thanks

yes so why are Cus Ser telling me that the Sports & Movie mags DONT EXIST ?

I cant tell you how frustrating it is to ring them for them to deny they exist ?

Thanks

If you go on again, point her to this Sky Sports | Magazine | Skysports and this Sky Movies Magazine - Sky Movies HD I think you can opt out of receiving these magazines to reduce your 'carbon footprint', as both have online versions.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I was just browsing and realised that i did eventually get a straight answer on this from a more informed member of the Cus Serv team during a non related call a few weeks ago.

The reason that i was no longer recieving the Sports/Movie magazines was that they changed the rules as to who qualifies to recieve them. Now unless you subscribe to ALL 6 of the tv mixes ( News, Entertainment, Music, Docs. Kids and Lifestyle) AS WELL AS the Sport/Movie premium channels you dont qualify.

Before it didnt matter whether you had 1 or all 6 of the Tv mixes you got the standard sky mag and then depending if you had Sky Sports 1 or the whole package and/or Sky Movie pack 1or 2 or the whole Movie package you got the 3 mags.

Another sneaky cost cutting measure from Sky. The very helpful lady that told me this did say that there would have been something in the issue explaining this but like many people i dont allways read the basic sky mag so must have missed it at the time.

Shame half the staff dont have a clue whats going on !

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLADESMAN1 View Post
      The reason that i was no longer recieving the Sports/Movie magazines was that they changed the rules as to who qualifies to recieve them. Now unless you subscribe to ALL 6 of the tv mixes ( News, Entertainment, Music, Docs. Kids and Lifestyle) AS WELL AS the Sport/Movie premium channels you dont qualify.

It sounds like this one doesn't know much either as I don't subscribe to all six mixes but do take all movies and sports and yet I continue to get the 2 monthly sports and movie magazines.

Thanks

Looks like you were talking to someone in that half then, I get the standard mag and the Movie mag. I only subscribe to 4 packs and movies.

TomD

Useful Utilites