Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Remote Extender for Amstrad drx895

This is a discussion on Remote Extender for Amstrad drx895 within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All, My apologies if this has been asked before, I have read through many posts but can't find the ...

instant_classic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Remote Extender for Amstrad drx895

Hi All,

My apologies if this has been asked before, I have read through many posts but can't find the answer. I have just installed the above Sky 1TB box and am using it in conjunction with the Nikkai 5.8ghz video sender to share the signal from my living room to my bedroom (goes through one wall on the same floor).

I understand that I will be able to receive pictures and sound (as I can) but due to IR clashes the remote extender will never work. Does anyone have a recommendation of a remote extender that I could buy and use with the above kit. I want to avoid the magic eye if possible due to trailing wires but if this is the only solution that would work I will take this route (I am just not sure it will work with the above set-up).

Thanks in anticipation and sorry if it is a silly question (new to the forum).

2. Advertisement
      jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Remote Extender for Amstrad drx895

The Nikkai 5.8ghz doesn't work with Amstrad boxes because they use IRDA which it doesn't support. I have previously been told on this forum that Asda sell a SLX Compact AV Sender that works with these boxes, I think it is about 25. Some magic eyes will work with the Amstrad, and some won't, for the same reason.

instant_classic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Remote Extender for Amstrad drx895

Thanks for the response mate, very helpful.