Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DRX895: panasonic plasma tx-p42s11b receiving no picture via HDMI

This is a discussion on DRX895: panasonic plasma tx-p42s11b receiving no picture via HDMI within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've received my 1Tb box, but I can't get any picture on my tv through HDMI when the box is ...

gddl630 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

DRX895: panasonic plasma tx-p42s11b receiving no picture via HDMI

I've received my 1Tb box, but I can't get any picture on my tv through HDMI

when the box is booting up for few seconds I can see sky HD+, but then just a blank screen. also when changing resolution sometimes I can only see the mini-tv over HDMI rest of the screen is blank!?

in settings | picture | HD resolution output has the following options: 576; 720p; 1080i and auto - I have tried them all with no luck whatsoever

what could be causing this?
      I phoned sky, but all they did is reset my viewing card, which was no fun as I had to wait over 4h before any channels were accessible again, actually the HD ones took even longer... I've got an engineer coming again but that's like two days away...

i've got 42" panasonic plasma, but that's Full HD rated @ 1920x1080p so not sure if there is some incompatibility...

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: DRX895: panasonic plasma tx-p42s11b receiving no picture via HDMI

A few things to try:

I assume you ( or the installer ) did a forced software update on the new box. Sometimes they've been in storage for a while and may not have the latest.

Also, try re-seating the HDMI cable, maybe use another, or use a different HDMI input on the tv. HDMI 1 should be normally used on the Panasonic ( for autoswitching to Sky digibox ).

Try switching digibox and tv off at mains, unplug HDMI & any scart cables from the digibox and tv. Reconnect cables. Switch on tv first, then digibox. Give the digibox 4 minutes to load the EPG listings, then press 'Sky' to view. If you're still on HDMI 1, the tv should autoswitch to Sky. I use 1080i on the digibox settings for my Panny.

A lot of these problems are connection/handshake issues between box and tv. Worth experimenting. A different digibox may be what's required.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

everton1995 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stoneycroft Liverpool 13
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: DRX895: panasonic plasma tx-p42s11b receiving no picture via HDMI

I had exactly the same issue. The sky guys installed the Sky HD on my Panasonic TH-42PX70B and I saw the picture which looked great. But before they left they set it to a software update which lasted about 20 minutes.

At the end of it the TV went to AV.

After a bit of messing about with the Panasonic remote, you have to select Menu>>Setup>>Imput labels and you will see HDMI options. Make sure they are NOT set to "skip" (if its the same as mine) or when you press the "AV" button on your remote you will not see your configured menu.

Once done you should be able to access the HD channel via the AV button on your remote.