Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3D Glasses

This is a discussion on 3D Glasses within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have the Sky World Package & HD, if I was to purchase the 3D Glasses would I be able ...

highdef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01444
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

3D Glasses

I have the Sky World Package & HD, if I was to purchase the 3D Glasses would I be able to watch the new Sky 3D channel via my HD TV? This would be useful as paying £2,000 for a 3D TV set seems dam right stupid.

Or is there any truth that you have to have both the 3D Ready TV & with the Glasses

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: 3D Glasses

You need a 3D TV and 3D glasses.

highdef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01444
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Many Thanks for the reply.
      I cannot see 3D becoming a Standard ever if everyone is expected to wear the glasses; one would have thought that bringing out a 3D ready TV would have had the technology in the screen to produce 3D on its own. "Strange" when not so long ago Ch 4 was doing tests when all you needed was those cardboard cut out glasses, I think even the Sun newspaper did a similar thing.

And how could we not forget the diabolical quality of the film Jaws 3. And those dreadful glasses again.
      At the end of the day it’s just a gimmick that does not stand a chance, and in a year’s time it will all be forgotten and classed as a complete failure and a waste of time.
      Its best kept where it is at the moment and that’s the pubs, where the average viewer will be intoxicated and can’t tell the difference anyway.
      Last edited by highdef; 02-04-10 at 11:57 PM.

ozsat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: VirginMedia 120mb
      Router: VM Superhub 2
      Thanks

I've not seen it yet - but the new 3D-tv's are meant to look spot on.

I usually found watching the old style 3D that you ended up seeing multiple images.

Different glasses are required for these new tvs - but the SkyHD kit is fine as it is.

If you plug the Sky3D channel into a standard tv then you get two images side-by-side - the 3Dtv then processes these into a single 3D picture.

I personally don't think it will take off for years on tv - people buying new kit are immeidately being left behind.

Over the last few years - people have:
      Got a big screen tv - only to find you now need an 'HD Ready' TV to get good pictures on it
      Got a 'HD Ready TV' - only to find that it would have given better pictures on your games console if it was the new 1080p version
      Got a '1080p' tv - only to find it is not compatible with the new 3D channel

TV technology is moving too fast for many people to afford to keep up with.

Around Sound is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0116270
      Broadband ISP: Retailer (Ex Sky seller)
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
      I've not seen it yet - but the new 3D-tv's are meant to look spot on.

I usually found watching the old style 3D that you ended up seeing multiple images.

Different glasses are required for these new tvs - but the SkyHD kit is fine as it is.

If you plug the Sky3D channel into a standard tv then you get two images side-by-side - the 3Dtv then processes these into a single 3D picture.

I personally don't think it will take off for years on tv - people buying new kit are immeidately being left behind.

Over the last few years - people have:
      Got a big screen tv - only to find you now need an 'HD Ready' TV to get good pictures on it
      Got a 'HD Ready TV' - only to find that it would have given better pictures on your games console if it was the new 1080p version
      Got a '1080p' tv - only to find it is not compatible with the new 3D channel

TV technology is moving too fast for many people to afford to keep up with.
      HI guys, speaking as a retailer, I agree, all this chopping and changing is very frustrating. On the other had, it keeps us in business and gives you early adopters something to yearn after.
      I only sell Loewe TV sets and although a little more expensive than the masses, the picture and sound is stunning. The best place to see everything is Harrods TV department as all brands are represented and you really can see why Loewe are worth the extra. If you can’t get there, visit your local Loewe shop, us in Leicester armed with memories of Samsungs or Sony form ‘other shops’.
      It's strange but people will pay for a Merc or BMW over a Ford with out batting an eye lid but when asked to pay twice as much for a Loewe TV, even when standing in the shop and admitting they have never seen a picture like it, they will still leave and buy a cheaper less good TV. We do sell enough Loewe sets to people to know that they are worth the difference. Anyway, sorry to go off on one. 3D is awesome (have you seen Avatar?) but on TV, in the living room, with everyone warring glasses, I am not so sure. I watched the Loewe 3D set last year and again, it was the best of show at Berlin, but it will not be here for a year probably as Loewe want to get it right before jumping in feet first. There is a question over Will the Sky 3D compatible TV sets will play 3D BluRay and no one seems to know the answer yet, But I am sure if they do, We will find out just after I press send. Here goes.

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I do agree with highdef as 3D ready tv cost £2,000 or more is really selfish by BSKYB and a really conning and rip off. I had complaint to ofcom that sky salesman in uk shops is misleading us all off "buy the HD box and you will enjoy the 3D on your home tv!" and this must stop misleading peoples!

Sky say if you had skyworld, with HD pack then 3D is available to you but must have 3D HD ready tv cost around £2,000 plus. And sky say if you had 1 pack with HD pack, you won't be able to watch 3D, you must have 6 packs, all sky sports packs and all sky movies packs with HD pack to enabled 3D on your HD box but it need to activated over the phone to check if you had full sky world with HD and check your tv serial number if it had 3D on it.

Rip off SKY!!!!! purchase £2,000 3D tv and paying £48.50 for skyworld with HD pack. You must kept 3D in a minimum of 12 months with skyworld with HD pack. 12 monthly x £48.50 = £582 plus £2000 for 3D tv.

This is so stupid!!!!!!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Rip off SKY!!!!! purchase £2,000 3D tv and paying £48.50 for skyworld with HD pack. You must kept 3D in a minimum of 12 months with skyworld with HD pack. 12 monthly x £48.50 = £582 plus £2000 for 3D tv.
      You are obviously very poor and cannot afford Sky. There are many people with money to spend who can, so why don't you leave Sky, stop moaning and at every opportunity you see and go to Virgin where everything is free

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
      This is so stupid!!!!!!
      Welcome to the world of business. You seem to forget that Sky is a choice and not mandatory.

If you don't feel Sky offers YOU value for money then go elsewhere. TV/HD/3D is not exclusive to sky...... any broadcastor can offer it, yet few seem to choose to do so.

Many people feel sky is value for money for THEM. Vote with your feet.

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I hope sky will be sold off one day and because I really hate Sky.

Deathstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Never mind all this 3D stuff,I'm looking forward to "Aroma-Vision",that will be quite an achievement , something not to be sniffed at.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast