Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

3D Glasses

This is a discussion on 3D Glasses within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Ian Thompson I'm decided i'm going to splash out and buy the 65 inch Panasonic 3D TV ...

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 3D Glasses

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Thompson View Post
      I'm decided i'm going to splash out and buy the 65 inch Panasonic 3D TV when it comes out in July and i'm hoping i'll be able to pre-order it. The local store that sells Panasonics are phoning me back on Tuesday, after they have been in touch with Panasonics head office on that day to see if i am able to do that and that store gives 5 year labour and parts on all their TV's.
      Ian.
      I've had the Panasonic 65 inch 3D TV since the end of July and all i can say about the 3D Pictures from the preview channel which i've had activated are stunning, unreal, unbelievable and fantastic. It's better than even i expected and i've never experienced 3D at the cinema. I can't wait until the 3D TV channel launches officialy for domestic customers on October 1st.
      Ian.

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

3D with glasses gives me a headache after 10 minutes. Give me good HDTV anytime - far more enjoyable.

SpartaGates is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highdef View Post
      Many Thanks for the reply.
      I cannot see 3D becoming a Standard ever if everyone is expected to wear the glasses; one would have thought that bringing out a 3D ready TV would have had the technology in the screen to produce 3D on its own. "Strange" when not so long ago Ch 4 was doing tests when all you needed was those cardboard cut out glasses, I think even the Sun newspaper did a similar thing.

And how could we not forget the diabolical quality of the film Jaws 3. And those dreadful glasses again.
      At the end of the day itís just a gimmick that does not stand a chance, and in a yearís time it will all be forgotten and classed as a complete failure and a waste of time.
      Its best kept where it is at the moment and thatís the pubs, where the average viewer will be intoxicated and canít tell the difference anyway.
      I bet you feel like a right t1t now....

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

lincoln is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mosborough,sheffield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Thompson View Post
      I've had the Panasonic 65 inch 3D TV since the end of July and all i can say about the 3D Pictures from the preview channel which i've had activated are stunning, unreal, unbelievable and fantastic. It's better than even i expected and i've never experienced 3D at the cinema. I can't wait until the 3D TV channel launches officialy for domestic customers on October 1st.
      Ian.
      I've just bought the 50in version of this set and i have to agree with you the 3D picture is fantastic and the hi-def 2D is just stunning

Tal71 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highdef View Post
      Many Thanks for the reply.
      I cannot see 3D becoming a Standard ever if everyone is expected to wear the glasses; one would have thought that bringing out a 3D ready TV would have had the technology in the screen to produce 3D on its own. "Strange" when not so long ago Ch 4 was doing tests when all you needed was those cardboard cut out glasses, I think even the Sun newspaper did a similar thing.

And how could we not forget the diabolical quality of the film Jaws 3. And those dreadful glasses again.
      At the end of the day itís just a gimmick that does not stand a chance, and in a yearís time it will all be forgotten and classed as a complete failure and a waste of time.
      Its best kept where it is at the moment and thatís the pubs, where the average viewer will be intoxicated and canít tell the difference anyway.
      In my opinion, I think 3D will take off this time. The reasons I say this are:

1: There are a lot of films getting made in 3D now.

2: The big film studios have invested a lot in the cameras needed to film in 3D.

3: Sky have a 3D channel.

4: Last time around with 3D, the technology wasnt there to make it has good has it is now, there was no high def video available.

With Sky been so popular for TV and with Sky having a 3D channel, there is a lot more now, that makes 3D stand more chance of taking off in a big way.

Or yeah. The old cardboard glasses (with coloured lenses) are for the older type of 3D (anaglyph 3D) which basically is rubbish.

The 3D that is here now on TV's in stereoscopic. This is much better and does not suffer from the poor colour range of anaglyph 3D. The 3D glasses for stereoscopic 3D are called active shutter glasses. I've seen a 3D Blu Ray and the effect is excellent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123