Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amstrad DRX895 - cancelled recordings problem

This is a discussion on Amstrad DRX895 - cancelled recordings problem within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Box: Amstrad DRX895 Sky+HD Digibox (1.5TB) Model: 1.0.260 Version: 4F3151 O/S: 1.32B12 EPG: sky+8.4.0.MultiPlatform.v3.0.0 Signal (0n 07d4): Strength 70% Quality ...

adrianrp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Amstrad DRX895 - cancelled recordings problem

Box: Amstrad DRX895 Sky+HD Digibox (1.5TB)
      Model: 1.0.260
      Version: 4F3151
      O/S: 1.32B12
      EPG: sky+8.4.0.MultiPlatform.v3.0.0
      Signal (0n 07d4): Strength 70% Quality 90% on both inputs
      Add to Start/End: Both Automatic

Last night (Friday 17 feb) I had this scenario: Recording QI on BBC1 20:30-21:00, then Criminal Minds on Living and NCIS on FX HD both 21:00-22:00.

QI overran, so cancelled the recording from the Planner whilst having FX HD on the "mini TV" preview. Once this was cancelled I could see that Criminal Minds started recording.

We watched recording of Criminal Minds, and cancelled its recording during the first ad break approx 20 minutes in after fast-forwarding the recorded ads until "end of program" to check we did not miss anything.

Viewing the recorded then live Criminal Minds and recorded QI were faultless.

But... watching the recorded NCIS had problems:
      Firstly at the time that I cancelled QI the recording froze for a few seconds. (I could tell this as the "live" programme was on the planner "mini TV" as the time I cancelled it).

Secondly after about 20 minutes into the recording (i.e. about the time when I cancelled Criminal Minds) the recording became unwatchable. Symptoms were video freezing every 15-20 seconds for a short period, and pixellation when it restarted. Audio was also interrupted sometimes restarting before the video.

My opinion is this is either a software or generalised hardware issue (i.e. not a fault with the actual box).

Anybody else had this problem, or opinions on the cause?

When I can I will try to recreate this.

2. Advertisement
      drotoscope is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Amstrad DRX895 - cancelled recordings problem

Been investigating issues with picture pixelation/breakup on the new 250/500gb amstrad box that i`ve had for 2 weeks - i think smae as 1.5tb box with different drive

I have discovered that when recording certain channels and switch to another specific channel whilst recording, it causes slight corruption in the recording for 1-2 secs. i.e

Recording channel 5 and switch to sky premier hd
      Recording channel 4hd and switch to Eurosport HD.

these are the two i have linked so far. No issues if switching to other channels

BTW signal and quality for both inputs near max.

I wonder whether similar issue as yours - could you try the above and feedback

adrianrp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Tried the two combinations you mentioned. Both worked with no problem.

I assume you meant to watch the first channel, record it via banner, then switch to the other channel? If so, no problem with the recording.

drotoscope is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi

I switched box off at mains last night and back on and these interactions seem to have resolved- i will monitor - i suspect similar issues may recur but with ?random channel interaction

Will keep posted.