Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HD+ upgrade - delayed operation

This is a discussion on HD+ upgrade - delayed operation within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Just upgraded our Sky package to HD+ with new Pace box. All channels working fine (after phone calls to sky) ...

dr corntoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

HD+ upgrade - delayed operation

Just upgraded our Sky package to HD+ with new Pace box. All channels working fine (after phone calls to sky) but no box office yet, or Anytime, or record/pause facility etc. Screen message says 'currently unavailable'.

Can anyone tell me why this is? I've been on to Sky and they did a reset (whatever that is) but say the services can take a day or so. I've been waiting two days now. I understand it's something to do with the account being renewed. Aargh. I'd like to know the technical reasoning behind this.

After many months of failed installs and engineer sub-contractor let-downs and dish location issues (on flat roof, cheers), I have often wondered why I'm doing it at all. Sky are patience testers for sure.

thanks for any info

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: HD+ upgrade - delayed operation

Anytime downloads to the box in the background and can take a few days to fill up properly, until then you will not see anything in Anytime.
      Record and pause should work out of the box though as should box office once the box is setup and on the telephone line???

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

There are a few Anytime programmes due for deletion tonight/tomorrow and these should be replaced. Hopefully you'll get downloads shortly on your box.

No idea about the status of your account, but that may be affecting the lack of Sky+ functions, Box Office etc. I'd give them another ring about this. They need to resend the Sky+ signal to your box. As has been said, the phone line should be connected.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Ring them again and ask them to pair the card to the new receiver, it should work either when you are on the phone to them or within 4hrs.

dr corntoe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

thanks, Box office now working. Took 40 hours. I guess it was just a Christmas overload. Still intrigued by the technicalities of the whole activation process and why some things work and other don't (didn't)