Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with transferring programmes from my Sky+ HD box to DVD Recorder

This is a discussion on Problems with transferring programmes from my Sky+ HD box to DVD Recorder within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everybody, Its very strange because I recorded some movies & WWE Wrestling (Raw Is War) onto my DVD Recorder ...

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Problems with transferring programmes from my Sky+ HD box to DVD Recorder

Hi everybody,

Its very strange because I recorded some movies & WWE Wrestling (Raw Is War) onto my DVD Recorder from my Sky+HD box via SCART from last night.

Until 6am this morning, my full Sky World TV package is reduced to basic package, but I'm not sure why, so I called Sky to put back the full Sky World TV package back on.

Now, I have the full Sky World TV package back on again, but I cannot transfer any programmes from my Sky+ HD box to my DVD Recorder at all, even TV soaps such as Easteneders, Cornational Street, nothing! Its just says "Signal is copy protected" when I try to copy onto my DVD Recorder, even the COPY function from Sky planner doesn't work!

I called Sky customer services about the copy protected, the guy said something like "The new Sky Viewing cards activates the copy protection on all Sky boxes started from today, due to Broadcasters wanted copy protection added on all programmes, so that you can't copy anything onto DVD, and its very illegal, nothing I or Sky Technicians can't do anything about that!"

I think they are talking rubbish. Its doesn't make any sense! Its very illegal to copy Neighbours epsiodes or any other TV soaps onto DVD for my personal collection or for my mum to catch up watching from those she has missed? Come on!

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Problems with transferring programmes from my Sky+ HD box to DVD Recorder

Try recording something now and then try to copy it onto a DVD, I am wondering if for some reason the older recordings on your Sky+ have been locked because the card was reset.

Can you play these recordings back?

Thanks

Nope, its still that copy protected message is on!! I can't even record anything at all including the Sky TV Guide or any Menus, paused / live TV, nothing!! This is very my first time I have this problem in 2 years & 1 month now!

I can only record and watch all the playbacks from the planner in Sky+ HD box, but cannot transfer it onto DVD Recorder

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I have just tried mine and it is still recording OK from the Planner and from the live broadcast. I have noticed before that I can't record anything transferred over from Anytime to the Planner, I get the 'protected' message..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Wow!! Its now working perfectly, basic its all only needs to use Sky+ Planner Rebuild and now its working!! Now I can transfer all my WWE Wrestling & movies onto my DVD Recorder now without any problems!!