Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Signal quality

This is a discussion on Signal quality within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Having arranged for an engineer to visit (due to poor signal quality and pixelation) yesterday at 1.00pm he turned ...

stevvi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Signal quality

Hi,

Having arranged for an engineer to visit (due to poor signal quality and pixelation) yesterday at 1.00pm he turned up at 10.30am when her knew I was out. Due to work on the house, builders gave him access to my TV etc. and he reported that my dish was out of alignment so adjusted it and then reported to my wife (who was at work) via the builders that the job was done.

I checked the signal quality last night and had about 50% on input 1 and 15% on input 2. At 4.30am (I hate it when I can't sleep!) the signal quality is about 75% on input 1 and 25% on input 2. Is this good enough? Should I get the engineer back again as I'm pretty certain the poor signal quality is due to the fact that the original engineer installed the dish on the ground floor, pointing at a tree.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Signal quality

The quality should be the same on both inputs. If the tree was the problem, it would not affect one, and not the other. You either have a cable or an LNB problem (the LNB is the electronic bit in the middle of the dish). Get the engineer back, and complain that he didn't keep the arranged appointment.

stevvi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: Signal quality

Many thanks for the reply. Have sent another email to Sky.