Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Issues with HD Box & New EPG question

This is a discussion on Issues with HD Box & New EPG question within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All My "less than one month old" HD+ box is playing up with recording programmes. Over the last 48 ...

iand123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Issues with HD Box & New EPG question

Hi All

My "less than one month old" HD+ box is playing up with recording programmes. Over the last 48 hours, programmes are set in the planner to record, but, after the recording time they are still showing the time to record instead of "recording" with the red background. We have noticed this a couple of times and have powered off the box, waited a while and powered it back on. Once it boots back up it then starts to record the program (the times we have done this has been half way through the recording).

When the recording finishes it thinks the prgram clashed, despite this being the only thing set to record at the time. After the box reboot, it seems to be ok for a while, but the stops working again. Eg, we did this last ngith about 7/8pm ish and it happened again today as something failed to record again at 7pm. Has anyone else experienced such an issue?

I spent 40 minutes on the phone to sky who said they would have to arrange a service visit, but conveniently can only do the middle of the day during the week. i dont really fancy taking a day off work to wait for the engineer to turn up and swap the box over!

Also, on another note. im a bit annoyed that as signing up as a new HD customer i didnt get the new EPG straight away. I rather niavely thought id get a brand new box with the brand new features, of course i didnt and i still have the old epg. I was told by Sky TV support that this would download in a few days, however, it transpires his definition of a few days was between 3 days and 2 months! Does anyone know the roll-out times for boxes? I have an Amstrad model number: 780-056; version number 4F3002

Thanks

Ian

2. Advertisement
      Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fiber Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Issues with HD Box & New EPG question

I also have an amstrad HD box and no there is no roll-out date for these boxes yet, I have read the new EPG has lots of bugs and the roll-out has been stopped for now, and no time given for it to start again, we just have to wait and it will happen.

jasonx1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: virginmedia
      Broadband ISP: virginmedia
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Issues with HD Box & New EPG question

do these option mate to fix your box

full system planner rebuild ( for slow epg missing listings ect)

press services on remote then go to settings then press 0.0.1 select on remote
      for new epg then planner rebuild ..

for old epg press services then 4.0.1 select on remote then planner rebuild
      (you will not lose any recordings or listings)

please wait 5 mins after the blue light flashes on the panel to give it time to ready itself
      samsung sky hd 973004(upgraded 500gb) also pace sky hd 9F3004. fitted with a 65cm triax solid dish.
      SAMSUNG PS50B450 50" plasma tv.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...d-sky-box.html check this out if our havin probelms