Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Replacement (New) Viewing Cards & Setanta Subs?

This is a discussion on Replacement (New) Viewing Cards & Setanta Subs? within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Just wondering if there is likely to be any issues when I get the replacement/new viewing cards, as as a ...

Gazzadp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD,Finally!
      Thanks

Replacement (New) Viewing Cards & Setanta Subs?

Just wondering if there is likely to be any issues when I get the replacement/new viewing cards, as as a (Happy) Setanta Sports package subscriber (mainly for ESPN and the MLB coverage), will the new viewing cards work alright?

Or will need to contact Setanta and get them to activate the new viewing cards?

Best Wishes & Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Replacement (New) Viewing Cards & Setanta Subs?

You need not worry. I have already done the changeover of the cards with a full Sky HD & Setanta package. No worries. The swap takes around 10 seconds. Works a charm. No need to call anybody. Look out for the onscreen message " Your New Viewing Card is in the Post". You'll get the new card a couple of days later.

More here:

Have You Received Your New Viewing Card?.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Gazzadp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD,Finally!
      Thanks

Re: Replacement (New) Viewing Cards & Setanta Subs?

Many Thanks for the reply.

Although I think that I may well have to contact Setanta on Wednesday afternoon, if only because to get the free installation, I had to take out another (new) multi room contract, but to get around this I have had to cancel my original multi room, as we have no need for three Sky boxes.

I have been sent a new viewing card, which I will get the fitter to use in the new HD box, I am having the Sky+ box moved into my room and I from what I have read on these forums it is essential that the original Sky+viewing card stays in the Sky+ box.

So I will have to telephone Setanta to deactivate my old multi room account and then activate this new card instead.

Luckily I know of a telephone number for Setanta that will help me get that sorted in a few minutes, NO pain and NO hassles.

As Always.,