Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

HD Registration

This is a discussion on HD Registration within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I would like to get a reseambly priced HD box elsewhere than Sky. Unfortunately I cannot find a Sky package ...

Ballstroyd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01666
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

HD Registration

I would like to get a reseambly priced HD box elsewhere than Sky. Unfortunately I cannot find a Sky package for upgrade that does not include the box. Does anyone know how I go about just replacing my sky box with a 'Non Sky Replacement'. What is the set up fee for if its a case of swapping out the boxes. How do I upgrade to HD if Sky show nothing without the box.

Grateful for any help
      Bully Ballstroyd

2. Advertisement
      Spongebob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01538
      Broadband ISP: Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: HD Registration

Hi Bud,

You dont have to buy it from Sky, you can get it from anywhere. If like me you have had Sky + for yonks, and you now want to go HD the Sky package is a rip off, in fact the girl on the sky desk actually told me to buy it elsewhere when i complained that new users were gettng a better deal.
      I bought mine on t' internet from a place in Norwich called Yeomans. But check the internet you might get one even cheaper. Then just follow the "install your own HD box" instructions on here and off you go.

You also dont have a contract either so you can cancel the HD deal anytime you like.

Rob