Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tuner 2 Signal Lock Probs after standby

This is a discussion on Tuner 2 Signal Lock Probs after standby within the Sky+ HD Supertelly forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've noticed that sometimes when I take the Sky HD box out of standby tuner 2 is not locked straight ...

mossmanfly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Tuner 2 Signal Lock Probs after standby

I've noticed that sometimes when I take the Sky HD box out of standby tuner 2 is not locked straight away and may take a few seconds to be locked, normally notice it 1st thing in the morning. I was wondering if this will cause any issues with Anytime, or dual recording, or whether it was some sort of reporting error?

I currently dont really want to record 2 programs late at night due to Anytime not being updated with the latest movies which fingers crossed i'll get tonight.

With Anytime does it just need 1 tuner to update? As the 1st night I had Sky HD I got 2 programs via Anytime, Bewitched and some HIV program. 2nd night I got about 4 cartoons, and Super Cats Documentary, but last night I only got Charlize Theron Bio program. I did last night record the Myleen Klass Test card at 2am, so I dont know if that affected anything.

Any ideas and suggestions.

2. Advertisement
      BrianM is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Abingdon
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Tuner 2 Signal Lock Probs after standby

Quote Originally Posted by mossmanfly View Post
      I've noticed that sometimes when I take the Sky HD box out of standby tuner 2 is not locked straight away and may take a few seconds to be locked, normally notice it 1st thing in the morning. I was wondering if this will cause any issues with Anytime, or dual recording, or whether it was some sort of reporting error?Any ideas and suggestions.
      I have also seen this and I don't think it is a fault! Thinking about it is possible that the STB deliberately powers down LNB2 in standby to save power. It only needs one input to keep itself updated.

mossmanfly is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Would it affect Anytime if I was recording a show? Last night I didnt record anything and via Anytime I got 3 of the HD movies on show tonight, didnt get RV which is the one I wanted.

I've just been at out till now and tried it and I still get the same that tuner 2 is not locked, so you may be right it shutting off during standby. I have noticed that if its only off for about 15mins or so then it does have lock, looks like its only after a certain period of time.

tapzilla2k is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oxford SMOF
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's a bug in the Sky HD's firmware i think.
      I usually go into the services menu, when i turn the box back on, just to check if tuner 2 is locked. If not then it only takes a few seconds for the tuner 2 to lock.

I doubt it would effect anytime, unless you are recording something when Anytime is storing new programmes and movies.

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've seen this too. I suspect that I could have a "lazy" LNB that doesn't always startup properly, and I have a replacement sitting on my kitchen worktop, if I ever get around to fitting it