Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Thank You Sky!!! You're the best!! Keep it up!!

This is a discussion on Thank You Sky!!! You're the best!! Keep it up!! within the Sky happiness forums, part of the Sky Broadband feedback category; Telewest / Virgin Media bill was in my dad's name, but since I keep paying the bills for him, I ...

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Thank You Sky!!! You're the best!! Keep it up!!

Telewest / Virgin Media bill was in my dad's name, but since I keep paying the bills for him, I decided to change the billing in my name. Stupid of them, my parents have Telewest / Virgin Media for 13 years in their name, instead of just changing the bill payer's name, I have to cancel my dad's 13 year contract, and create another account with all full the same package as before, in my name starting from 8th May 2006. Before I moved to Sky, my last Virgin Media bill (4 May 2007) come up to: 128.95 covering 15 May - 14 June 2007 which I didn't pay for it because I have paid the 4 April 2007 bill of 110.94, covering from 15 April - 14 May 2007, but I cancelled it on 9th May 2007 (on my day off from work), which is exactly my one year contract has been expired, getting them to come my house and remove all their rubbish stuff in the morning, and having Sky engineer coming to my house (about 5mins after Telewest engineer has left) on the same day and installing their most impressive package for much cheaper!!. My parents was worried that Sky people won't come to install and watching no football on Sky Sports, fortunately, it didn't and all thanks to my planning and organising techniques has been paid off and it worked perfectly, and that's what I call perfect timing!! I love it when a plan comes together!!

My previous full Virgin Media Package (from 4 April 2007 billing) as follows:

Talk Unlimited 14
      Telephone Line Rental 11
      Call Display 1.75
      TV Size: XL - 20.50
      1 Additional V Box 15
      Sky Movies & Sky Sports Collection 23.50
      Broadband Size: L 25

Total: 110.75

Having 2 set up boxes, all Sky Movies & Sky Sports channels, about 110 channels with TV & Radio channels put together, unlimited 4MB broadband & Talk Unlimited phone package (Unlimited calls to 01 & 02 only, VAT added on no matter how many calls has been made), no cable magazine, no full interactive services except TV Email & Teleport service, no Channel guide on either set-up box or on the internet.

And now with my current full Sky package, exactly the same with Telwest before, except Sky offering me much, much more services, such as Sky digibox (Pace DS440NB), Sky+ digibox (Pace TDS470N), Sky Netgear DG834GT 108MB wireless Router, Sky Talk Unlimited with unlimited calls to 01, 02 & 10 international countries, free monthly Sky Magazines, full information from Sky box Interactive screen, check Sky bills on either Sky box or on the Internet, and goes the same with Sky Channel Guide, about 540+ TV channels, about 89+ Radio channels, even it has Search A-Z facility, favourite channels, planner facility, Sky Anytime on PC, Mobile or Sky+ / HD boxes, the list just go on and on and on, non-stop, all for only 70 a month!!! Now that's what I call the best deal, fully packed for much, much cheaper price!! There's no way Virgin Media can offer these services, the same as Sky offering me now at the moment.

Even I'm extremely very happy now with Sky Broadband Max, having 15.3MB (up to unlimited 16MB), that's 4 times faster than VM, and its keeps going faster and faster by the minute, after I struggled a few teething problems in the past and I managed to sort it out all my problems in the end without even calling to Sky (except only very first time in about a couple days ago, only trying to improve my download speed more faster than 15.3MB, but nothing T3 can do, since I have very old fashion pre-NTE5 1973 LJU2/2A PABX BT Master IDC socket, and I'm very happy with it), all thanks to my own planning and researching techniques, and with some help from the members in Skyuser forum, of course. I take the liberty of doing some speed tests and keeping a record of the results as follows:

Test 1
      Test 2
      Test 3

Also, its seems that make my old PC starts up bit more faster than as before when both my 8-port hub and router is switched on first, all green lights light up including the Internet green light, then I switch my PC on. Even my PS2 online gaming works perfectly too. Having all 3 PCs & 2 laptops connected to Sky Broadband, and using GPRS based WAP browsing on my Nokia N-Gage phones for free, sharing with my PC's Sky broadband connection via Bluetooth connection and still no problems so far, even when using the phone or Sky box Interactive screen at the same time, still no interference between.

That's my smartest move in a long time and I don't regret of getting rid of Telewest and moving to Sky at the same time, perfect timing!! I don't know what my parents are thinking of getting Telewest in the first place, being with them for 13 years. Thank you Sky!! I love Sky very much now!! 2 Thumbs up from me!!
      Last edited by jonathanen; 22-01-08 at 01:52 PM.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Thank You Sky!!! You're the best!! Keep it up!!

Great news

Its nice to see that you are so happy, and even nicer to see that you have taken the time to post about it.

People very rarely post about positive experiences and so when looking at the bad reviews, it puts any ISP in a bad light, without the balance of any positive ones.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Re: Thank You Sky!!! You're the best!! Keep it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Great news

Its nice to see that you are so happy, and even nicer to see that you have taken the time to post about it.

People very rarely post about positive experiences and so when looking at the bad reviews, it puts any ISP in a bad light, without the balance of any positive ones.
      Wow! Thanks for very fast reply! Well, its very good to be very happy. Even, I'm more and more very impressed with Sky, because no-one, I mean no-one has offered all these goodies in a long time, except I keep getting ripped-off from my parents bad decisions and end up paying for it and sometimes it comes up a huge phone bill because my mum keep calling USA.

But since I choose Sky, lot of things have completely changed for the better, and I never see my parents very happy in my life, so that makes me very happy too. They always keep going on about African channels specially OBE (Channel #155) and Passion TV (Channel #169), fully excited and more happy when they realised its free to call USA, on either Mobile or landline using Sky Talk Unlimited.

I know what its like, it changed my way of watching TV and Internet as well, specially, I keep missing my favourite TV programmes and soaps, but not anymore, all thanks to Sky+ box, and it takes hours and hours to transfer a huge file to my friend using MSN / Yahoo Messenger or downloading songs, but not anymore, all thanks to Sky Broadband Max.

So I feel like spending a lot of time (since I'm on 3 weeks holidays from work) putting it up on the post to see my Sky happiness experience, but its not enough for me, I don't know what to do, shall I just call Sky and say thanks to them or sending a thank letter to them every month or so?

From what I learnt (and good thing I have a lot of patience with new technology), as soon when new products comes out to you, take a lot of time experimenting with these new products to get some time using to it, gaining a lot of research from the internet or books and planning it out first before you start making changes, that way, everything comes into place perfectly, but if you're panicing, rushing too much and getting very impatient, things are starting to falling apart and getting very bad results, wasting a lot of money calling 0870 numbers, when it can easily solved by yourself.

Lucky for me, I didn't spend a lot money on huge phone bills, instead I got away with it finding out lots of free phones numbers and my first time calling Sky since May 2007. That's the way I see it. Good to those who wait!!
      Last edited by jonathanen; 14-11-07 at 04:39 PM.