Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime and Media Center

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime and Media Center within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Hope someone on here can help me! I have Sky Anytime which works fine by iitself, but I really ...

Deadlyhifi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime and Media Center

Hi,

Hope someone on here can help me! I have Sky Anytime which works fine by iitself, but I really want to use it as part of Media Center so I can log on on my Xbox, however, no matter what i do it will not recognise my user name and password. It is fine if I open the Anytime application by itself, but not in Media center...

Any Ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Taffowl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Deadlyhifi View Post
      Hi,

Hope someone on here can help me! I have Sky Anytime which works fine by iitself, but I really want to use it as part of Media Center so I can log on on my Xbox, however, no matter what i do it will not recognise my user name and password. It is fine if I open the Anytime application by itself, but not in Media center...

Any Ideas?
      Hey, I got this working great the other day.. see my post in the skyanytime Vista thread. Anyway the way I got round this problem was to modify the login html page to include the username and password as variable constants. This way you simply press enter and don't have to type in your username or password every time... it really works well with the xbox360.

If you need exact steps on how to make the change let me know and i'll post them.. one thing also to remember is that directory is read only so you will need to change the file attributes before being able to save the html changes.

leecarlcooper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Instructions Please

Hi,

Would you mind posting the instruction to add the username and password in to the login page please. I would really like to try this out but am getting very frustrated trying to get it to work

Cheers

Taffowl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by leecarlcooper View Post
      Hi,

Would you mind posting the instruction to add the username and password in to the login page please. I would really like to try this out but am getting very frustrated trying to get it to work

Cheers
      The rough steps are:

1. Navigate to the sky anytime directory and loacte the MCE Resources folder (e.g C:\Program Files\Sky\Sky Anytime\mce\MCE Resources).

2. Right Click on this folder and change the folder attributes from read-only (confirm that you want to apply to all sub folders and files)

3. Backup the file "login.htm" to another safe directory

4. edit the "login.htm" file using a text editor of your choice

5. search for this line of jscript: theUserID = TextEntryControl1.GetInputText();

6. remove TextEntryControl1.GetInputText(); and replace with your username with apostrophes around e.g the new line would be like:

theUserID = "myuserid"

7. search for this line of jscript: thePwd = TextEntryControl2.GetInputText();

8. remove TextEntryControl2.GetInputText();and replace with your password with apostrophes around e.g the new line would be like:

thePwd = "mypassword"

9. Save the file.

10. Load Skyanytime via the xbox360 and simply click ok on the remote to login.

11. As long as you can login via your pc's skyanytime then this should work.

cheers

Taff
      Last edited by Taffowl; 03-01-07 at 09:27 PM.

2lay-z is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime and Media Center

What version of the sky anytime software are you using? When i checked my version the mce directory is empty?