Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why cant i download programmes on sky anytime?

This is a discussion on Why cant i download programmes on sky anytime? within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I log into my skyanytime account and i bookmark the programmes i want, but they never download ! Do ...

Porky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Why cant i download programmes on sky anytime?

Hi
      I log into my skyanytime account and i bookmark the programmes i want, but they never download ! Do u no y this is? Or do u no how to download programmes?

If you do please help
      cheers
      porky

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Moved to the correct forum
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Bookmarking only saves it! You need to open your bookmark list and download it!
      Also Welcome to Skyuser.co.uk

Porky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi
      But dont no where the download button is . That is why i dont no how to download.

cheers
      porky

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Oh ok... lol ignore that PM!

The download button was usually next to the file at the bottom after they synopsis?>

I havent used it in ages!

Matt Adore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01179
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Porky,

Having FINALLY managed to get Sky Anytime to install after numerous fiddlings with Windows Media Player, I now have the same problem as you - No download button! How did you fix this?

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      If you open up the movies, click on the film name to open the synopsis, you will find 2 options at the bottom. Bookmark and Download.

If however, you go to a Box Office movie, you will have the options to Bookmark and Pay Per View.

In the Entertainment section you have different options dependant upon what series you choose. Most appear to be PPV, but some (Lost for example) the option is to Buy To Keep.

Finally, in the Sport section, you appear to be able to either Bookmark, Download or play the file.

The idea of the bookmark option is to give you the opportunity to create a 'Wish List' quickly that you can then go to and download or purchase from at your leisure.

I hope this helps, now off to uninstall it
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

Matt Adore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01179
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for this Disillusioned. I assumed that what you described would happen, but it just doesn't - there is an option to bookmark movies or sports but no download button exists. I am logged in but am wondering if for some reason my login does not show that I am a Sky World subscriber...

Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Go to Sky Home Page and log in using the same username and password you are using for Anytime. Once logged in you should be able to see what Packages and Equipment they have logged against your account.

You must have originally registered as the Account Holder using the Primary Sky card details (presuming you may have more than one)
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

DarkGhost is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      On installing Sky anytime today, I have exactly the same problem and I suspect I know what the issue is - and it's not good news.

I first attempted to create a Sky online account back in the summer. Sky were having a lot of problems with the website back then and I had a lot of trouble getting my registration to work. After a couple of weeks it finally allowed me to register correctly.

However, I had no elegible services in my Sky Profile - a bit odd when I have all the Movie channels and HD. Having spoken to a Sky technical contact, he advised that my registration was effected by the issues the web site was having at the time.

So basically their website has messed up my online account - but worse still it cannot easily be fixed. From what the technical chap was saying, it would require one of the software developers to go into my account on the database directly and correct the issue. "Not exactly high on their list of priorities", which is why I still haven't been able to access Sky Anytime or SkyByMobile. This has been an issue since the summer and Sky still haven't fixed it.

However when I went in to check the account today, I had Sky Anytime available on my profile - probably as this has been recently introduced. Having downloaded it and installed the software - I do not get a Download button on any of the films or programs - just the bookmark option.

Great servuce huh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast