Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Switching Sky Go from old laptop to new.

This is a discussion on Switching Sky Go from old laptop to new. within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Firstly, I'm not tech savvie so if anyone is kind enough to reply please imagine you are speaking to ...

nnwhitevanman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky go only
      Router: virgin media
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Switching Sky Go from old laptop to new.

Hi,

Firstly, I'm not tech savvie so if anyone is kind enough to reply please imagine you are speaking to an idiot!

I have sky go access on my laptop quite legally and with the permission of the sky subscriber, however I plan to upgrade my laptop soon but would rather they didn't know.

Can I de-register my old laptop and set up the facility on my new one without them being made aware of my actions?

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Switching Sky Go from old laptop to new.

Quote Originally Posted by nnwhitevanman View Post
      Hi,

Firstly, I'm not tech savvie so if anyone is kind enough to reply please imagine you are speaking to an idiot!

I have sky go access on my laptop quite legally and with the permission of the sky subscriber, however I plan to upgrade my laptop soon but would rather they didn't know.

Can I de-register my old laptop and set up the facility on my new one without them being made aware of my actions?

Thanks.
      Ever so slightly suspicious but...

As long as you have the username and password then you can login to Sky Go, go to manage devices, and then remove the old one and add the new one by using the service on the other PC.

There is no notification sent to anyone by you doing this.
      Someone might only notice if they were in the habit of going into Manage Devices.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky