Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Silverlight (no number error) "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error."

This is a discussion on Silverlight (no number error) "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error." within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I want to purchase Sky via NOW TV (as I have done in the past) but Silverlight is not working ...

rumbleofdrums is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Silverlight (no number error) "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error."

I want to purchase Sky via NOW TV (as I have done in the past) but Silverlight is not working in Sky Go.
      I have used Sky Go via NOW TV and also Virgin Media successfully in the past.
      This week I have been logging on (via Virgin login) using my sister's account but I keep getting the message ' Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please refresh and try again later.
      I have tried EVERYTHING ALL DAY.
      I have followed all advice on Sky Go, Microsoft, Silverlight and independent help pages.
      I have checked the right boxes in Silverlight options. Tried all combinations.
      I have changed the mspr.hds file to mspr.hds.old and also tried deleting it.
      I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight (numerous times).
      I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and IE (numerous times). I have tried System restore. I have undone Microsoft updates. I have deleted the storage folder in Silverlight.
      I have checked 3rd party Ad Blockers.
      I have tried pretty much everything advised on the web.
      I would really like to watch Sky Sports via Sky Go and NOW TV but I will not purchase until I know it is working again.
      I am using Windows 10 and Firefox.
      Can you help.
      Thanks.

After realising I could not watch on my PC I successfully logged on using my laptop (W10 / Firefox) but then after about half an hour that went down too - with the same error message.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Silverlight (no number error) "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error."

Have you checked that you've enabled Silverlight to work in FF?

At this time Silverlight support is winding up. Sky will soon have to move to something else.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

rumbleofdrums is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Silverlight (no number error) "Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error."

Hi Scubbie,
      thanks for replying.

Do you mean Open Menu/Add Ons/ Plug Ins ?
      There the options are 'always activate', 'never activate' and 'ask to activate'.
      I have tried both 'ask to activate' and 'always activate'. Neither make a difference.
      Besides, I tested Silverlight in FF using an online test app. Silverlight works fine.

The problem is with Sky itself and my PC or the Virgin log in for some reason - in conjunction with permitting Silverlight to work..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Scubbie,
      thanks for replying.

Do you mean Open Menu/Add Ons/ Plug Ins ?
      There the options are 'always activate', 'never activate' and 'ask to activate'.
      I have tried both 'ask to activate' and 'always activate'. Neither make a difference.
      Besides, I tested Silverlight in FF using an online test app. Silverlight works fine.

The problem is with Sky itself and my PC or the Virgin log in for some reason - in conjunction with permitting Silverlight to work.
      Until I know which I cannot purchase NOW TV.

Sky blame Virgin and no doubt Virgin will blame Sky.
      Funny arrangement for two organisations who mutually benefit from an agreed system.
      The customer (me) is left without an answer.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Ok, there have been some issues with Sky Go not working with some providers. I was under the impression that Sky Go was working on VM connections. A couple of simple tests will prove/disprove this.

First log into Sky Go and watch the Sky News channel. If you can leave it for a few hours then it'll rule out all issues regarding Silverlight and VM. It would leave just your account to be the question. If you have a good 3G/4G connection and data allowance or access to an alternative WiFi provider, could you log into that and perform some tests there to see if it fails.

I do apologise as I missed it in your original post, but NowTV has a different app for the desktop (PC, Laptop, Mac):

Download the NOW TV app from the Windows Store

You'll be wanting to run this instead when you sign up to NowTV.

Another app, Sky Store, can also be used by non-Sky TV customers. You would need to purchase or rent content from Sky to be able to test this though.

Currently Sky are in the process of changing things. Mac users have been getting a new player to download. I'm not sure when Windows users will have there's updated but it will happen. Silverlight will soon be history.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.