Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No sound issue sky go desktop

This is a discussion on No sound issue sky go desktop within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I'm watching SkyGo with firefox and windows 7 on my desktop. Recently I have had no sound whilst watching ...

Afox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No sound issue sky go desktop

Hi

I'm watching SkyGo with firefox and windows 7 on my desktop. Recently I have had no sound whilst watching Catch Up shows, although live TV works perfectly as does every other app I have tested. I've reinstalled Silverlight without any change.

If anyone could give some advice to remedy this issue it would greatly appreciated.

Alex

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: No sound issue sky go desktop

My first question is: Are you using the latest version?

Sky have just released 'Sky Go Desktop Player' (SGDP). Could I ask you to check the link below please.

http://go.sky.com/downloads

Next can you check what the 'default' sound device is? The SGDP will use the default device.

To do this right click the 'Speakers' icon in the notification area at the bottom right of your desktop, next to the time/date display.

Select 'Playback devices' from the menu.

A green tick should be beside the default device. If it is wrong, right click the correct one and select the option to make that the default device.

Of course it would be advisable now to ensure that the volume levels are up to a good level.

Finally open the SGDP, pick an item to watch and adjust the volume level by hovering over the speaker icon, then moving the level to the right. It always defaults to the middle setting.

Also, just in case, please check the volume level on your monitor if it has a separate control.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Afox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for your response Scubbie

When following that link I am only given the option to download Sky Download Players, there's no link for the desktop player.

Sound is fine on every other application, including live SkyGo TV. It is only catch up I am having issues with.

I've tried to find a download link for the desktop players but I've had no luck

Thanks

Sky released an update this week. The new version is called Sky Go Download Player and works on both the PC and Mac environments.

It replaces the Desktop player.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I have not been able to use the new Download Player as it seems to be just that. A way of watching programs you have downloaded. Obviously if you don't have Go Extra you can't download anything. Signing into Sky Go through http://go.sky.com/ with Firefox, I have no problem with Live or Catch UP, viewing or listening.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Unfortunately Sky changed things when they dropped the original Sky Go Player and replaced it with the desktop player some time back.

If you want to stream content direct from the Sky Go website then a browser is required.

For anyone who wants to take the content with them on a train or on holiday, then the Sky Go Extra subscription is required so that you can download the content to your Laptop (or Tablet & smart phone with the Sky Go app).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Afox (08-12-15)