Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky have blocked skygo tv connection

This is a discussion on Sky have blocked skygo tv connection within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by PHILSU Whenever I plug in a HDMI lead or VGA lead, I get Errors t6036 C4110 which ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky have blocked skygo tv connection

Quote Originally Posted by PHILSU View Post
      Whenever I plug in a HDMI lead or VGA lead, I get Errors t6036 C4110 which immediately disappear when I take out the lead.
      Some Googling on that error code finds this:

This error occurs when Microsoft PlayReady, a system used to secure the delivery of video content over the Web, cannot identify what type of video device is attempting to stream video. To ensure that you are using the latest official drivers for your graphics card, follow the below steps for your computer's operating system:

Windows

Click the Start button and then click the Control Panel option.
      Click Hardware and Sound from the menu.
      Click on the Device Manager icon from the menu.
      Click on your graphics card icon from the menu on the left side of the Device Manager window.
      Click the Drivers tab at the top of the window that appears. The window should have a prompt saying "The drivers for this device are up to date".
      Click the Update Driver icon on the window if the drivers are out of date. Wait for the drivers to install on the system.
      Click the Restart button when prompted. When the computer restarts, the drivers will be up to date.

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Phil,
      You can always look around the web for an app that will do what you want, not to hard to find either.

PHILSU is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

SKY certainly told me last week, when I queried the problem, that I could not use a TV to view SKYGO any longer.
      Presumably they are using the Silverlight program to do the blocking, hence the Silverlight errors codes. The problem only started for me very recently, after possibly a Silverlight update.

Maybe Scubbie, who says it works for her on a TV & Monitor, is using an older version of Silverlight. She didn't say however what kind of connection she was using - HDMI or VGA ?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I can confirm that I can watch Sky Go on my TV with my Media PC connected by HDMI. I have not updated Silverlight so I will hold off until someone confirms that it breaks the HDMI connection. I can connect to the TV with VGA, but I prefer to use HDMI, I bought an HDMI card for this reason.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

There is no change to the way Silverlight works and no updates that block the use of an external monitor or HDMI ports.
      The display driver for your PC/laptop can be the culprit though.
      Ive already mentioned what you need to be doing to fix the earlier mentioned errors;

'The way to fix it is to make the TV the primary or only screen display'.

As for SkyGo and external TV, the helpdesk are most probably getting confused with phones/tablets, not PCs.
      They do the same for W8, it works fine within W8 desktop (acting no different than W7), but say it does not work generically, re no app on an RT/windows phone device and there is no available W8 Metro app.
      I have running TV and/or external monitor connected to W8/Mac laptops with latest Silverlight and next build and having no problems with skygo and other broadcasters using it.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

I would like to think that my Win 8 laptop is up to date.

Admitedly I haven't installed Win 8.1. Until all the bugs are sorted I will continue to use this version.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

PHILSU is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Just got round, after being away, to try some of your suggestions.
      On my old Toshiba, Vista laptop I changed the Display Properties so it outputs ONLY to my External device ( my TV ) and SKYGO now works.

However, it looks as though SKY have changed something since up to recently I could have the display set to output both to my laptop display AND my TV.

So problem now largely solved. Thank you all very much for your suggestions.

Cheers Phil

linedancerlorna is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Is there now any way to watch Sky go on a TV? Thank you.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linedancerlorna View Post
      Is there now any way to watch Sky go on a TV? Thank you.
      This is quite an old thread, you know?

Some Android TV boxes (as long as Android isn't rooted) were working for a while for Sky Go. I've now wiped Android and gone Openelec full time on my Minix (ex-Android) box so not sure if this still works.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

The development team have worked as hard as they can to block Sky Go working on a TV on Android and Apple devices.

However what you can do is to use a desktop computer (even Laptops struggle due to what they've done) and connect that to your TV.

Providing that you set up the feed to the TV as your primary monitor you should have no issues.

Of course you'll need Sky Go Extra if you wish to download content to your computers, rather than viewing live.

Other options also now include the Xbox One and PS4. Sky Go is now available for both these consoles. I believe that you need the Sky Go Extra option for one or both of them. Perhaps someone else could confirm this please?

For the record Sky Go Extra can cost and extra 5 per month. If you have a Sky MultiScreen account, then it is free. Sky Go Extra allows you to have up to 4 devices (PCs, smart phones, tablets and consoles) registered. Sky Go only allows for 2 devices.

If you just want to watch a handful of Sky channels, could I suggest that you also take a look at the NowTV option? This is quite popular with some people I know and allows you to do much the same as Sky Go and more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12