Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Registering device query

This is a discussion on Registering device query within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Ok, so I've been watching Sky Go on my PC now for a few months, but last week after signing ...

odelay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Registering device query

Ok, so I've been watching Sky Go on my PC now for a few months, but last week after signing in and trying to watch live tv (Skysports) I got no small screen in the top right, just a blank band across the top part of the page.

I left it a few days as felt it may be a glitch and would correct itself. Last night I checked again and still not working. I decided (stupidly) to remove the PC from the account in the 'manage devices' page.

I rang Sky to see if they could simply go through a few things and get me up and running again. Unfortunately as soon as I said I'd removed the PC from my account they said I couldn't add the same PC till September.

I didn't think till after that is this right? If I've been watching Sky Go happily for a few months now and so wouldn't have been registered in August, or does the registration get renewed every month.

At the moment I'm unable to get any kind of error saying the PC has been registered this month so I'm guessing I will have to contact Sky in September anway.

Also does anyone know that if a device was registered twice, would it come up with an error saying 'this pc has already been registered this month'?

I get the ladies point that a device can only be registered once but just want to clarify that if registered before the new month whether that counts as being registered.

It also baffles me that Sky can't do something there end to clear it all.

Thanks for any help.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Registering device query

Go to Sky News - First For Breaking News From The UK And Around The World and click on the "WATCH LIVE" tab. Your PC does not need to be registered to watch this stream but it uses Silverlight in a similar way to Sky Go so even without your PC being registered you can use Sky News to check whether everything is installed correctly to enable you to watch Sky Go.