Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Go still not up to snuff

This is a discussion on Sky Go still not up to snuff within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I bought a month of the 35 sport package as I wanted to and im currently watching the darts final. ...

Carnagerover is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I bought a month of the 35 sport package as I wanted to and im currently watching the darts final. However not much has improved since I first tried it when it became available for the Xbox 360. I used to have Sky broadband I now have BT Infinity 2 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up and the experience with Sky go is still the same. There are framerate problems on Sky Sports News which doesn't look great anyway and now when watching the darts and football it frequently switches all over the place quality wise. Oh well maybe 2014

2. Advertisement
      stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

I've used Sky Go on an Xbox, iPhone, Galaxy S2, iPad and laptop on a Sky Fibre 40MB connection without any issues, streaming constantly at HQ (which should really be HD but that's another discussion...).

Are you sure it's Sky Go that is the problem and not BT or something else?

I have a friend who has a 100MB Virgin Media connection and can't stream YouTube after 6PM so it's not always as straightforward as it may seem to diagnose an issue!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Go still not up to snuff

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      I've used Sky Go on an Xbox, iPhone, Galaxy S2, iPad and laptop on a Sky Fibre 40MB connection without any issues, streaming constantly at HQ (which should really be HD but that's another discussion...).

Are you sure it's Sky Go that is the problem and not BT or something else?

I have a friend who has a 100MB Virgin Media connection and can't stream YouTube after 6PM so it's not always as straightforward as it may seem to diagnose an issue!
      Thanks for the reply however I have never had a problem with my BT connection with regards to speed. I understand that Virgin Media is a congested network but I can always download at 9.5MBs and upload at 2.4MBs on infinity without fail. My 360 is wired to my router, I haven't had issues with Netflix or other streaming services like Lovefilm.

Will keep using it this month and see if it improves.

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Hmmm... I see, if you are using other streaming services without issue then it is unlikely it is a network problem.

Any software updates due for the Xbox or Sky Go? Perhaps try a fresh install of the app?

Software is funny stuff, when I was on ADSL I could stream HD on iPlayer on the Xbox but not with Netflix, with Fibre I can watch HD on both!

Good luck, I hope it sorts itself out.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Go still not up to snuff

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      Hmmm... I see, if you are using other streaming services without issue then it is unlikely it is a network problem.

Any software updates due for the Xbox or Sky Go? Perhaps try a fresh install of the app?

Software is funny stuff, when I was on ADSL I could stream HD on iPlayer on the Xbox but not with Netflix, with Fibre I can watch HD on both!

Good luck, I hope it sorts itself out.
      Yeah with a bit of luck, like I say this is my speedtest result within a few Mbps no matter what time of the day or night I choose to run the test:

I wonder if the issue lies with Xbox for me, not sure.