Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 15 of 15
    Like Tree1Likes

    Sky Go advice

    This is a discussion on Sky Go advice within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Thanks all for the advice. Just the sort of answers i was hoping for. I'll give it a go. Thanks ...

    1. #11
      MattC24's Avatar
      MattC24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMMAD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: None
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      5
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Go advice

      Thanks all for the advice. Just the sort of answers i was hoping for. I'll give it a go.

      Thanks
      Matt.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #12
      ecanorun's Avatar
      ecanorun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: belfast
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      7
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Sky Go advice

      Hi there mate. I hook my laptop up to a 40" lcd tv via HDMi and the picture is great. You can set up the sky go to use your graphics card to help with the stream. I have my resolution set at 1080p. I know the stream is not 1080p but even with it upscaled, it looks great. Not HD but still great quality. I can post a photo of it running if you would like.

    4. #13
      MattC24's Avatar
      MattC24 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMMAD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: None
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      5
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Sky Go advice

      Quote Originally Posted by ecanorun View Post
      Hi there mate. I hook my laptop up to a 40" lcd tv via HDMi and the picture is great. You can set up the sky go to use your graphics card to help with the stream. I have my resolution set at 1080p. I know the stream is not 1080p but even with it upscaled, it looks great. Not HD but still great quality. I can post a photo of it running if you would like.
      Thanks ecanorun. How do you set it to use your graphics card? Are there options within the application for it?

      Looking promising for watching the manchester derby next weekend

    5. #14
      Scubbie's Avatar
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Near Portsmouth
      Posts
      28,242
      Thanks
      848
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

      Re: Sky Go advice

      Quote Originally Posted by MattC24 View Post
      ...How do you set it to use your graphics card? Are there options within the application for it?...
      If you have 2 displays connected, make the one connected to your TV the main display.

      The same applies to the sound output.

      PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

    6. #15
      ecanorun's Avatar
      ecanorun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: belfast
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Posts
      7
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Sky Go advice

      Quote Originally Posted by MattC24 View Post
      Thanks ecanorun. How do you set it to use your graphics card? Are there options within the application for it?

      Looking promising for watching the manchester derby next weekend
      Hi Matt. The option is on the sky go website. Here is the link. http://go.sky.com/vod/page/gpuTroubleshooter.do

     

     
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION