Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Desktop PQ

This is a discussion on Desktop PQ within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Anyone else think Skygo desktop quality is pretty poo? with a shiny fibre pro connection I'm sitting here watching the ...

s1ndr0me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWPEU
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Desktop PQ

Anyone else think Skygo desktop quality is pretty poo?

with a shiny fibre pro connection I'm sitting here watching the f1 show. A flag ship show you might say. Audio must be sub 128k stereo and the PQ is like that of bbc's iplayer 5 years ago.

I cannot see any reason that sky cannot deliver their content @ 720p across their top tier BB service.

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Desktop PQ

Sky Go's PQ has been very poor from day 1 and it makes no difference what BB speed you have, I've lost count on the number of times I end up with the pop up error "Poor Playback Quality" and then it shuts Sky Go down. A lot of people suffer from this and when asked sky has given out many different reason's as to why, like Customers speed is to low, Customers speed is to high, ipad/iphone fault go to apple, android phone provider at fault, MS silver light and on & on and not once is it the app's or sky's fault. These issues should only come up if your bitrate drops to 425kbps. Sky have also stated that sky go will not have HD content any time soon.
      iechyd da

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Desktop PQ

Having only ever used Sky Go on my iPad here, I have to say I've never really encountered any issues with it (other than the odd general outages, which quite often occur over-night - i work shifts and watch Sky Go when I'm on my breaks at work). I can quite happily sit and watch content (even on just 3G) without any buffering or stops etc. Occasionally the bite rate does drop of a second or two (the picture breaks up) but it doesn't happen very often.

The only issue I've ever had is with Anytime+ programs never start playing when you click them. You always have to click the film twice to start playing it (after also clicking the 'play content over 3G' warning box as well)