Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Sky Go Outrage!

This is a discussion on Sky Go Outrage! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky Go Outrage! I have Android 4 (ICS) on my Samsung Galaxy S2; I cannot understand how itís taking so ...

highdef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01444
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Go Outrage!

Sky Go Outrage!
      I have Android 4 (ICS) on my Samsung Galaxy S2; I cannot understand how itís taking so long for the developers to sort out the compatibility of this App to work. Before the ics update it was introduced to Android and was very good then along came ics and it went dead. Someone then released an unofficial version which lasted for a day and it worked. So why canít Sky look into what made this unofficial version work, and learn from it. Sky must realise that Apple do now NOT hold the majority on the mobile phone market anymore, Android do. So please how many more months must we wait for this update.
      SKY GOES FOR ANDROID 4 PLEASE, PLEASE,

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Go Outrage!

highdef,
      For some unknown reason sky don't seem interested in the Android platform, just look at the permitted phone's that sky allow to use Sky Go, Take the top 10 mobile phone's for last month and there are only 2 on there that sky allows, iphone4 & Galaxy S2 but as you know the S2 only if you have not got ICS. Sky's research dept still says all sorts of rubbish and no matter what is sent to them it gets ignored and maintains Apple is No.1 for everything mobile. As for the release that worked with ICS the only people that said it was full of bugs and unstable was SKY, all other customers were saying how good it was and then they blocked it and have remained silent ever since no matter how many emails. posts et al that have been sent they yet again get ignored. A lot of us are beginning to wonder if sky knows what they are doing and how unhappy their loyal customers are. Tech sites yesterday started reporting that ICS for sky go is coming soon after interviewing someone from sky but I believe you can take what was said with a pinch of salt because during the interview they stated that the reason it was blocked after it's release was due to the large number of their customers that was unhappy as it was not working and ONLY the odd 1 or 2 had got it to go but even they had problems. Says it all don't you think. Sky Advisor's on the forum have been asked about this but they have ignored it.
      iechyd da
      ps
      you do know that an apk from xda works on your phone.

Thanks

By the way last night goggle launched OS Jelly Bean and by all accounts it has been asked on that forum will sky go work with this new OS. lol. Am still waiting to find out if a reply has been given.
      iechyd da

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

If anyone is interested in the legal side of things, I am sure that in their adverts for Sky Go that Sky are using the Samsung SII. I would have thought that this would be a misleading advertisement.

...just a thought

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Scubbie,
      You can't say that, Please be warned that you have broken Forum House Rule 6 :- Making unfounded or unproved allegations against a person, organisation or group
      Every post that customers have put up over this has been removed and warned with the above, work that 1 out and if you have the cheek to ask why your post has been removed and got a warning, guess what that gets removed and you get another warning this time for breaching T&C's by discussing moderator actions publically. 3 strikes and your out lol. Sky on a power trip.
      iechyd da

Thanks

lol - This isn't Sky's official forum and the statement I made, as you know, is based on fact.

Sky Go doesn't work on the Samsung if someone has correctly updated it to support ICS. Sky are using the black version of the Samsung Galaxy SII to promote Sky Go. As far as I am concerned this is misleading consumers, which is a clear breach of the ASA codes. Of course Sky or the ASA are free to believe otherwise.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Very true they will have it all covered, even tho they say selected android phones on the most up to date OS. lol. I wish I could get to my pm's on there as I have a cracker to do with the upgrade to ICS. Someone said that since she up dated her phone sky go no longer works and the sky knowledge adviser all but called her stupid as she had not read a thread telling people NOT to update to ICS, the thread was pulled asap and she was not happy and sent a pm to the forum super who replied he didn't see anything wrong in the post by 1 of his people and that everything in it was true that sky go not work with ICS. She took it as far as she could but couldn't get any joy and so she said so on the forum and was then banned. She cancelled everything sky and had a phone call asking to her why et al and to please stay. I can't repeat on this family forum what see told them.
      iechyd da

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I can confirm that sky go does work on a sgs2 with ICS with the correct file.

dog-man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      I can confirm that sky go does work on a sgs2 with ICS with the correct file.
      Is there a new update available then?

I tried again last week as I noticed that I could see the app on the Android market once more but it failed and I went back to the hacked version.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

No, it's a version available on XDA. It works well with ICS.

dog-man

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast