Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Sky Go Outrage!

This is a discussion on Sky Go Outrage! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky has announced that they are producing a suitable update for the remaining Android phones and tablets and that it ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Sky Go Outrage!

Sky has announced that they are producing a suitable update for the remaining Android phones and tablets and that it will be available by the end of the month.

It takes Sky a little while to change their processes and to date they have always produced their apps for Apple products first.

There are a number of changes going through on the EPG at the present moment and some will be impacting the Sky applications. This will mean yet more changes that will be needed in due course.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highdef View Post
      They Sorted Apple / Iphone & Ipod. Why not Android.as far as I can see Android has now toppled Apple / Iphone in sales,
      Sky have no interest in Android and are only paying it lip service so that it looks good when they tell what Sky Go work's with. At the end of July Sky Go will be ok on phones running ICS also as your phone is on the allowed list and no customers don't know which devices are on the list as it will not be ready until end of next week (From Advisor's on sky Forum) They are not going to tell us bit's at a time but the full Monty in 1 go. Best part is they will not even say that the Note and Galaxy Nexus is on the list lol. A lot of customers are not happy tech sites know before them and was told yesterday that will not happen again................. Ummmm wrong 2 hrs after advisor's told customers, A Sky person told tech sites that the S3 and Google Nexus are on the list. Should be fun and games on there today lol

Thanks

I am sure that Sky will support all ICS products in due course. Whether the Nexus will be supported from next week will obviously be seen then.

Thanks for the time frame update though.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Sky has announced that they are producing a suitable update for the remaining Android phones and tablets and that it will be available by the end of the month.

Really?? All of them?? Including my Transformer Prime which they already stated would not be getting Sky Go because they couldn't be bothered to figure out how to block the HDMI out??

I read on their help forums they will be announcing the new models on the list by the end of next week. Do you know more than this? Do share .

Thanks

Sorry I don't know any more at this stage.

I understand why Sky is doing this, but personally I think that the horse has already bolted. I believe that Sky wants to prevent us from using a Tablet connected to a TV to get a free Multi-room STB. As previously mentioned though, a PC is more than able to do this anyway.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Sorry I don't know any more at this stage.

I understand why Sky is doing this, but personally I think that the horse has already bolted. I believe that Sky wants to prevent us from using a Tablet connected to a TV to get a free Multi-room STB. As previously mentioned though, a PC is more than able to do this anyway.
      Well I really don't understand why Sky is doing this at all! The argument makes no sense. Don't they have anyone there who understands the real world?? The quality of Sky Go pumped up to a large display is frankly appalling. I can accept the multi-room argument means we won't be getting 720p streams a la iPlayer any time soon. But if they were that bothered about losing multi-room subs why go down the Sky Go route in the first place? It's basically just a lower quality multi-room option isn't it? Their research is showing the majority of people are actually using it in the same room as their main TV and not so much out and about.

Anyhow, I thought when you wrote "the remaining Android phones and tablets" you might know something. I really am not expecting Asus tablets will make the cut even though the Nexus 7 looks like becoming one of the fastest sellers of all time - and also they have been really cagey about the HTC Ones. Wouldn't it be great though if they came out with the announcement next week: "All remaining Android devices will be supported from August 1"? The fact is if they had devoted sufficient resources to what is after all the future of mainstream media delivery, they really could be saying that - and even boasting about!

Thanks

I had not seen the statement on the Sky forum which mentioned about excluding specific models, so I apologise for the confusion there.

Currently Sky Go doesn't allow you to view many channels that are quite popular (i.e. Gold, Watch, FX). It also locks out live broadcasts of The Simpsons. As and when the much rumoured ability to view the contents of your planner finally gets added, you would be able to view any recorded content from these 'forbidden' channels and programmes such as The Simpsons.

As for BBC iPlayer, I can't recall which programme it was, but there was something on the other day which my phone wouldn't let me stream live using the BBC iPlayer app. However using the TVCatchup app, I had no problems.

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

There are several shows that can't show on sky go and not likely to any way. Show producers has a block in the contract DOH as scubbie said is one. There does seem to be a trend going this way of late
      on most of the players but the silly thing is as scubbie said their own player blocks it but filmon/tvcatchup etc you can watch it. IMHO sky got into bed with apple due to their ex chairman and decided to go that way and forget android but now it has come back to bite them because android is more popular here but still they are doing everything to not give sky go the full treatment. They have already stated that it will be next year before they look at Jelly bean, so pass on when they will start to look at KEY LIME PIE lol

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

They have already stated that it will be next year before they look at Jelly bean
      Which is what the new Nexus 7 will use.

Maybe BskyB Corp has a lot of shares in Apple.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Maybe BskyB Corp has a lot of shares in Apple.
      Well on an american interview RM said he'd had enough with the UK and was going to invest in US, maybe he's off to buy some fruit

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast