Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Go data usage

This is a discussion on Sky Go data usage within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Paul1360 TBH I don't think any ISP or mobile carrier are truly unlimited no matter what they ...

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Paul1360 View Post
      TBH I don't think any ISP or mobile carrier are truly unlimited no matter what they say and yes I've seen mobile carriers who say unlimited getting upset if you use 100Mb so not really much hope on 3G with sky go. 4G is many many years away is it not???
      iechyd da
      I believe orange and t mobile are wanting to bring an implementation of 4g out this year. I think vodaphone and o2 were kicking up a stink saying it should have to wait until the 4g spectrum auction has been compleated.

Sent from my ST18i
      Last edited by Fryingpan77; 06-05-12 at 01:06 PM.
      With sky since 1997.

2. Advertisement
      James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Re: Sky Go data usage

I can see this whole 4G roll-out get very messy if we are not careful, what with mobile networks moaning at each other. At least EE are trying to push things forward. Worth pointing that Everything Everywhere and O2 (and possibly others) are already installing 4G equipment on masts, it's just that they are not switching anything on yet.

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Sky Go data usage

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      T-Mobile offer a good selection of mobile internet boosters now. They of course, offer their Full Monty tariffs which are unlimited data including tethering (although 3g speeds do seem to be capped at 3.8Mb). Their standard internet booster offers you 750Mb a month. They also offer a 'extra' internet booster which gives you 1.5Gb monthly allowance for around 13 extra a month or their 'super' internet booster which gives you a 5Gb allowance for around 20 extra a month. All boosters include a WiFi allowance at BT Openzone hotspots.

Both the extra and super boosters also include tethering (but only when on a pure T-Mobile signal and not currently the shared T-Mobile/Orange signal, although I believe this will change soon). Full Monty unlimited data is now also available on SIM only (but that does not include tethering for some silly reason).

T-Mobile also just have a FUP policy so even if you go over the allowance, they just slow you down and don't charge you any extra until your next billing date.

O2 seem to be the most stingy mobile provider now when it comes to data allowances!!
      Ok not bad but when you think about live HD streaming those allowances soon go PDQ , also 3.5Mb is around the min you need to stream HD
      iechyd da

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12