Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

iPhone Max bitrate

This is a discussion on iPhone Max bitrate within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Guys, Was wondering if anyone knows what the maximum bitrate is for Sky Go on the iphone 4? Im ...

LEEMJONES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

iPhone Max bitrate

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows what the maximum bitrate is for Sky Go on the iphone 4?
      Im under the impression that it uses a variable bitrate and that it settles on speed that your connection can support.
      I currently have a 2-2.5mb connection at home , as of next week (fingers crossed) I will have the 40mb fibre at full line speed.
      I like to output the Sky Go feed via HDMI onto a 42 inch plasma we have wall mounted in the kitchen, the picture is quite good to be honest and more than watchable but I wondered if the new fibre would increase it even more or if the bitrate has a limit.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: iPhone Max bitrate

Hi Lee,
      Alas my friend you are stumped before you start, sky has blocked sky go from outputing of HDMI on any idevice or android device, if you can get an answer to why they will tell you it's all down th contract,content and provider. They use those 3 magic words alot. Gone through it all with sky like how come others can do it et al but they will not move. At the moment the most wireless n can give is 65Mb, so depend on your router you should get 20+Mb, I get around 30-36Mb when I do speed test's on my ipad & tab 10.1 if my pc & laptop are off, if they are on about 25Mb. I have to say since my uplift there has been no rise in those speeds. Hope this helps you.
      Iechyd da

LEEMJONES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi , thanks for that. Sorry I should have explained , I am already using my iPhone to watch tv via hdmi , I just wondered if the picture quality would improve with the greater bandwidth available .
      For reference I use a jailbroken iPhone , TVOUT2 and XCON to allow skygo via hdmi.

williammorris Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      I do it via a net book if I'm honest.

Sent using TapaTalk for iPhone

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Lee,
      Are you saying your iphone is jailbroken and that you can still use sky go on it???????? Also you can get sky go to out put HDMI??????
      If both are the case don't let sky know or our people, as sky blocked all jailbroken & rooted devices from working in Feb 2012. Also sky blocked the HDMI out put when they released the app in July 2011. Be really interested on how you have your setup working
      Hang on sky go is in SD only there's no HD content being shown
      Iechyd da.