Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

T-Mobile Sky Go

This is a discussion on T-Mobile Sky Go within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello, I wanted to know is there anyone who is with T-Mobile and has used Sky Go? What is it ...

oogieboogie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

T-Mobile Sky Go

Hello,

I wanted to know is there anyone who is with T-Mobile and has used Sky Go? What is it like in terms of steaming?
      Also does anyone know how much data is used up to watch a live game of footie? I have heard that on a mobile with a 3.5 inch screen it is around 400mb, is this correct?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Hartside is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cramlington
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: T-Mobile Sky Go

My wife has a Galaxy S2 on TMobile and Sky Go runs no problem on it. Resolution at times is not superb, but quite watchable. No idea on data size though

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

My 3G iPad is on T-Mobile. Again I have no problems using Sky Go on it, the quality is fantastic even on 3G. I'm not 100% but I'd say a 90 minute footie match would consume more than 400Mb.

Most (if not all) T Mobile tariffs now work on a FUP system so even if your exceed your monthly data allowance, they don't charge you any extra, they just restrict your 3G speeds until you are next billed. Also remember with T-Mobile that all the normal data tariffs are all capped at 3.6Mb down and 0.5MB up speed wise. The only tariffs that will work at full 3G/HSPDA speeds are new 'Full Monty' unlimited data tariffs or any other tariff with the 19 'super internet' 5Gb monthly allowance booster added on to it.

I've just done a quick test. I watched a program on Sky Go via my iPad on 3G for 5 minutes and that used 37Mb cellular data so 37/5 = 7.4 Mb per minute, therefore, a 90 minute footie match would be roughly 666Mb data in total.

I'll set Sky Go up on my iPhone (also on T Mobile) in the next few days and try that too. My second Sky Go licence is currently on my OH's O2 iPhone at the moment. As a side note, I do wish Sky would allow more than 2 licences with Sky Go!!!!
      Last edited by James_Mitchell; 30-03-12 at 09:00 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thank you for your replies, they have been very helpful.

I am looking for the best deal for a Samsung Galaxy S II. Looks like T-Mobile or 3. Though i have heard 3 isn't very good.

Thanks
      Last edited by oogieboogie; 31-03-12 at 12:52 AM.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Avoid Three at ALL costs.......A few months ago I spent about 4 hours trying to cancel a 30 day mobile broadband contract with Three because their 3G speeds have dropped through the floor here due to mast congestion. I was passed from pillar to post and not one of the people I spoke to at Three where willing to actually cancel my account. I was ignored when I sent an email to their complaints department and was also ignored when I posted on their Facebook page.

In the end I Googled some names/emails and ended up having to send an email to Three Exec Offices in Glasgow where I finally received a phone call from someone there who finally cancelled my account (but even then he was trying to offer me a few free months rather than cancel). I also know of at least 3 work colleagues who have tried to get PAC codes from Three which again was very difficult. OFCOM state that once you have requested your PAC, as as long as you have fulfilled any of your contractual obligations, the network should send it to you via text message within 2 hours. Three do not do this without been forced. Three skate very close to the edge when it comes to OFCOM consumer rights.

Three constantly come bottom of the quarterly OFCOM complaints list. Apart from a blip in November where Orange managed to receive the highest number of complaints (due to tariff price increases mid contract), Three have been bottom every single quarter for the last 2 years+.

Avoid Three. They might be cheap but you certainly get what you pay for with Three.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks James for the feedback in regards to 3. Yeah i will avoid them. I am currently with T-Mobile and they have been great so will stick with them.