Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Skygo - not on my Desktop..!

This is a discussion on Skygo - not on my Desktop..! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have the full Sky package for my TV so should be able to receive everything on my desktop via ...

Awest3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01527
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Skygo - not on my Desktop..!

I have the full Sky package for my TV so should be able to receive everything on my desktop via skygo, as I could previously on Sky Player. I tried to watch the cricket yesterday but skygo just told me that I needed the package on my TV ..tick here to upgrade type of thing. So I rang Sky and got to talk to Graham...interestingly after listening to my query for a while he started to talk to me as if I were an idiot (my wife may agree) and also overtalking me so I could not get a word in edgewise. He said it could not be fixed over the phone and I'd have to wait for a call back but would not give me an estimated time for this to happen. I asked why not and he said, words to the effect' thats just the way it is. I said I would have expected that he could he could at least give me an estimate but he could not. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was asked 'what for' I said that I wanted to escalate..he said why.. we went round this for about 5 mins until I informed him I was the customer and would he please stop overtalking me..I again asked to speak to a supervisor and we went round the circle 'why' a few more times. Eventually he (so he said) went off to find his supervisor.. who suprise! suprise! was in a meeting and would call me back later. I've heard this so many times when speaking to SKy you'd think they would get a different script.

Anyway, at the start of the conversation with Graham I mentioned that I'd just had my Sky HD+ box replaced free of charge by Sky (Thank you) and at the same time I'd had multiroom fitted.

I left it at that and awaited a call back....

Not 5 minutes later Graham is back on the phone..a little more contrite this time (or is it just me thinking that) ..It appears that my second box has not been activated? eh! Now when I had the boxes installed I did not have a wifi box to connect the multiroom box to my router so when two days later I did get one and found I could not get anytime+ I called Sky and they worked their magic and 30 secs later I had anytime+. Graham said that it was still not recognised by their system as activated and he would get it done in the next 3 days or so...hello I've got a time now...

As you can guess there was a lot more to the call than I can reasonably take your time up with.

I gareed that the supervisor need not call me back..do they actually exist..?

Thanks for taking the time to read this I feel better now...a problem shared etc..

2. Advertisement
      Awest3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01527
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Skygo - not on my Desktop..!

A nice lady rang from Sky rang yesterday said she would authorise my other sky box card..did this in 5 mins...I now have Skygo working on my desktop.. They can do it if they try....