Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't watch live TV

This is a discussion on Can't watch live TV within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello all, I'm new and am having problems! I've registered with a skyID and I'm an existing sky+ subscriber with ...

stewpot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can't watch live TV

Hello all, I'm new and am having problems!

I've registered with a skyID and I'm an existing sky+ subscriber with the sports pack. I want to watch the England game from my laptop tonight but can't seem to watch live TV. The sky player website says that if you're an existing sky TV subscriber with the sports pack you can watch sports online until 31st December 2010, so whats wrong?

Or is the site FAQ's misleading and I do have to sign up to unlimited broadband or multiroom?

Quote from sky player site:
      If you subscribe to either Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited you can already watch channels from your TV packs live on Sky Player at no additional cost. If you are a Sky Movies subscriber you can watch live Sky Movies without subscribing to Sky Broadband Unlimited or Multiroom. If you are a Sky Sports Pack subscriber you can watch live TV in line with your Sky TV packs without subscribing to Sky Broadband Unlimited or Multiroom until 31 December 2010. Your subscription status is indicated below. Alternatively, to just watch live TV on Sky Player, simply subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom below.

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Can't watch live TV

Normally who would need either Sky Multiroom or to be a Unlimited Broadband subscriber to be able to view the live channels however until the end of the year if you are a Sky Sports Subscriber you should be able to watch the sports channels for free, if you can't see them then you need to contact sky who should be able to sort it for you.