Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This program is not available on sky player.

This is a discussion on This program is not available on sky player. within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Ok so i understand some programs are unavailable and i understand that completly. My question is, what are the chances ...

Amg Zone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AOL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

This program is not available on sky player.

Ok so i understand some programs are unavailable and i understand that completly. My question is, what are the chances of them getting the licence for those programs?

Would love to watch some Simpsons now and again lol.

2. Advertisement
      fandie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: This program is not available on sky player.

amg zone you understand much more than me.

i signed on to sky player to WATCH PROGRAMS, not hours and hours of 'This program is not available on sky player'.

on one channel this evening there was THREE hours straight of blank screen.

shame on sky, i feel absolutely ripped off. half a dozen channels and hours of blank screens is not what i call an internet tv service.

worse still, the sky player software keeps dropping my connection, insists i am registering a new pc when i log back on and so stops working altogether!

i wish i could go back to my digibox but for the moment im stuck with internet telly. (sighs)

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The Sky Player is flaky at best, it isn't to bad for the live streaming stuff and the picture quality is pretty good but even then every so often it will freeze for a minute or so. Watching the catchup stuff is even worse as I can't get through an through an episode of Spartacus without it dropping the connection and haven't to start from the beginning only to fast forward to where it was previously.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Cant say i've had any of the problems with it that you've had alan!

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Internets is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I was just watching Only Fools And Horses of all things via SKY player on the XBOX and it just cut off to say This Programme Is Unavailable On SKY Player

What gives? Why was it working and then stopped? Is it an actual fault or are you only allowed to watch so much before it cuts off?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think they probably use that notice instead of just saying there is a fault

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

its not a fault. i have spoken to the sky player helpdesk. there has been over 100 hours of planned 'this programme is not available on sky player' broadcast this month on sky player.

on g.o.l.d. this evening there has been NOTHING but a blank screen and that message since 7pm - over seven hours! i bet when the teleshopping ads come along sky will suddenly be able to broadcast without any problems.

i cannot believe sky has the bare faced cheek to charge a fee for broadcasting a blank screen.

HELLO SKY, IS ANYONE LISTENING!!! you really need to sort this out. customers sign up in good faith but you're not providing an internet tv service. you're just broadcasting a test card and charging your mug punters for the priviledge.

Exchange:
      Thanks

ok, so im back on my old bugbear of 'this program is not available on sky player'

being currently stuck without my dish and having to watch sky via a pc i noticed that it was only the interesting/good programs like the latest royle family/blackadder/simpsons being blacked out.

i emailed uktv to ask why they denied sky permission and was told it is sky that controls its own output on skyplayer.

apparently, program blackouts have nothing to do with licenses at all. sky is obviously using its player as a cheaper, loss leading shop window for its full tv service.

fine, thats business. but i (and others like me) are already paying sky for a full tv service, so why am i not being given the service im paying for? i know its possible because recently i saw part of a film on gold until sky remembered i was on skyplayer and the blackout was imposed once again.

it would be nice, as a full service tv customer, to get ALL the programs on the channels i am paying for while i am stuck without my dish. however i realise im probably just pi$$ing in the wind.

if anyone konws the email of the someone important at skyplayer please advise as i would like to take this further if possible

cheers

fandie
      Last edited by fandie; 11-11-10 at 12:00 AM.

Mattey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Oakengates
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I started a post over on the sky player forum after trying to watch some shows on sky one only to be greeted with this message. It seems the channel shows more of "this program is not available on sky player" more than it actually shows anything at all. I really do not see the point of Sky 1 being a live TV channel on the sky player network & should be replaced with a channel they actually have the rights to shows to air.

Sky Player Forums

Tell them what you think there.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

sounds like my investment of the Slingbox was the correct call.

Sky player will have to get their act together with more and more IPTV coming our way.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)