Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Subscription Problems

This is a discussion on Subscription Problems within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have been using Sky Player using the free Multiroom trial (I don't have Sky broadband) which expired yesterday. ...

FredC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Subscription Problems

Hi,

I have been using Sky Player using the free Multiroom trial (I don't have Sky broadband) which expired yesterday. Today I subscribed properly to Sky Player Multiroom so that I may continue using Sky Player but for some reason it now won't let me watch any of the channels from the knowledge pack (eden, history, etc) and just gives an error message that I must be sucscribed to the necessary TV Pack - which I of course am.

It will let me play the sports channels, etc no problem but for some reason it is blocking all of the channels that belong to the knowledge pack even though I 100% am subscribed to them, it even tells me that when I go to the subscription overview page.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Subscription Problems

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
      Hi,

I have been using Sky Player using the free Multiroom trial (I don't have Sky broadband) which expired yesterday. Today I subscribed properly to Sky Player Multiroom so that I may continue using Sky Player but for some reason it now won't let me watch any of the channels from the knowledge pack (eden, history, etc) and just gives an error message that I must be sucscribed to the necessary TV Pack - which I of course am.

It will let me play the sports channels, etc no problem but for some reason it is blocking all of the channels that belong to the knowledge pack even though I 100% am subscribed to them, it even tells me that when I go to the subscription overview page.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks.
      me to but i dont have multiroom i never have

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Try here:

Sky Player Forums

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

In order to rectify this you will need to remove the Sky Player from your Sky.com profile and add it back in again.

1. Log in to "My Sky" using your Sky iD and password, click on "My Profile" and then "Sky Services" near the top of the page.
      2. In the middle of the page, you will see the option for Sky Player, click "remove service".
      3. Click Confirm and you will see a confirmation that your sign up has been cancelled.
      4. Click on "Back to My Sky"
      5. Once again click on "My Profile" and then "Sky Services"
      6. Click on "Add Service" under the Sky Player section.
      7. Confirm that this is the PC you want to use and agree to the terms and conditions. Please also enter your parental control number if it's not automatically populated.
      8. Click Next and click on "download application" if you don't already have the service installed.

Install or access the Sky Player service and log in as normal. You will now be able to fully access the service.

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

scrap that does not work

UPDATE! tryed reinstalling it on WMC no luck
      Last edited by paulcarrm9mx; 16-06-10 at 09:39 AM.

kingarthur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01825
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I am having similar subscription problems. I am a sky broadband unlimited customer and can only view sky movies and sky sports through sky player. All other channels / packs say I am not subscribed and cannot view them until i subscribe (which i clearly do as I have sky world). Only noticed as my kids cannot now view childrens programmes (disney etc).
      Have been on to sky who have told me to uninstall/install the software, and remove/add sky player service all to no avail, They have no other answers and stated that my account at their end was all showing correctly, and have said they will get back to me (hmm). This must only have happened in last few days /weeks as I have had no problems until recently. The only change to my account was to re- sign to sky bb for another year as of 1st June to get 2-50 price reduction. Hope they can get this sorted, very strange that i can only view movies/sports.

Exchange:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

[QUOTE The only change to my account was to re- sign to sky bb for another year as of 1st June to get 2-50 price reduction. Hope they can get this sorted, very strange that i can only view movies/sports.[/QUOTE]

This was the only change i made also it must be down to the re-grade thats happenin on the lines

kingarthur is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01825
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Seems like there are a few people around with similar 'subscription' problems on Sky Player. I am currently awaiting a call back regarding the issue (we shall see, but off to work soon anyway). If I get anywhere I will let you know, likewise if anyone gets the problem sorted could they post up what the problem was and how it was sorted! Thanks

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulcarrm9mx View Post
      This was the only change i made also it must be down to the re-grade thats happenin on the lines
      I upgraded to Unlimited Broadband and I can access all the live channels as per my subscription.