Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Let me explain: Sky Player free for 2 months

This is a discussion on Let me explain: Sky Player free for 2 months within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky Player free for 2 months 13th April 2010- 14th June 2010 Ok I see some people do not understand ...

S-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Let me explain: Sky Player free for 2 months

Sky Player free for 2 months 13th April 2010- 14th June 2010

Ok I see some people do not understand this 2 Month Free Sky Player offer Let me explain

If you either have Sky Multiroom Or Sky Broadband Unlimted You do not pay 10 for the Sky Player it's free you can watch channels depending on what Sky TV Packages you have on your Sky TV.

If you do not have either of the above then it's 10 a month to watch channels on Sky Player again depending on what Sky TV Packages you have on your Sky TV

With this offer "2 Months free Sky Player" you do not need to have Sky Multiroom Or Sky Broadband Unlimted becuase if you did it would be free anyways it's just that you do not have to pay the 10 a month for 2 months which you would have to usually because if you did not have either Sky Multiroom Or Sky Broadband Unlimted and also after 14th June you will not be charged 10 a Month unless your already paying for it this is a bit like the "Free To Air Channel" you do not pay for it after it's closed do you same way when offer is finished you do not pay for it.

I hope I have explained myself clearly and people that did not understand hope understand know

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Let me explain: Sky Player free for 2 months

Thanks for that. My problem is not the 'free offer' but what does Sky Player do for me? I've tried signing up and all I seem to be able to find are really useless offerings like Sky News Summary for a week last Tuesday. So what is Sky Player all about?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dms05 View Post
      Thanks for that. My problem is not the 'free offer' but what does Sky Player do for me? I've tried signing up and all I seem to be able to find are really useless offerings like Sky News Summary for a week last Tuesday. So what is Sky Player all about?
      Yes the news does not have any "Live Stream Channel" currently but others do
      It depends on what Sky Package you got on your Sky TV for example if you have Sky sports package you can watch Sky Sports 1,2,3 & 4 on your Sky Player you will not get all the Channels on your Sky Player like Sky Movies at the moment you can get only 4 Movie Channels and others like Entertainment who only have 2
      Documentaries (Which I love ) have 5 and Kids have 6
      You can also watch any thing you missed also and can register up to 4 Computers Laptops/PC Desktop and even a Xbox 360

Exchange:
      Thanks

Oh and another thing say for example you registered 4 laptops you can only watch one at a time from 1 laptop you can't have all 4 laptops running Sky Player a message will come up otherwise telling you someone else is watching already from this account (your Sky account) Sky do it for security reasons as they say it's stupid obviously no ones hacked into your account you given them your username & password it's no good for Families like once I was watching football on Sky Sports 1 from My Sky Player at work and as my brothers laptop was also registered with Sky Player he logged in to watch some Movie was on the Movie channel i got a message saying someone's logged into this account and that i will be logged out know.... oh maybe they do not want your friends to watch it ... or even maybe they think you will ask money from other people so that they can watch Premium channels like Sky Sports,Movies in which case i can understand