Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

sky player sign in problem

This is a discussion on sky player sign in problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have been using sky player with out any major problems for about a year. i have been able to ...

arc
      arc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0118
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sky player sign in problem

I have been using sky player with out any major problems for about a year. i have been able to watch all subscription services i pay for, sports and movies.
      but for the last two weeks i have been unable to sign in. I launch sky player in the normal way from desk top short cut, which opens and loads correctly, but when i try to sign in an ERROR message appears.

SORRY DUE TO EXCEPTIONAL DEMAND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETE PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS AT THIS TIME.
      PLEASE COME BACK LATER AND TRY AGAIN.

this comes up ever time i try to log in. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling sky player no change.

if i use a favorites short cut to go to sky player page it loads OK, and i can sign in and watch sky sports. but if i try to download a movie the following message appears.

The item you requested will be downloaded to your registered PC
      If you are currently on your registered PC, you are seeing this message because you need to upgrade your software. To do this, simply re-launch the service by clicking on the Sky Player icon on your desktop, start menu or system tray, and follow the on screen instructions. Your download will appear in your library within 1 hour of the upgrade being completed.

Needless to say if re launch sky player non of those things happen.

can anyone help.

2. Advertisement
      GeoffSHarris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01270
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Thanks

Re: sky player sign in problem

I have exactly this problem and have tried the recommended remedial actions with no change.

Did you ever sort this out?

dannylj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Re: sky player sign in problem

So I'm heartened to see that this was posted relatively recently which would imply that this infuriating and apparently unresolveable error is not just something wrong with my Sky Player but I'm glum that no solution was posted. I'm going to optimistically assume thats because it was resolved and the solution simply not posted ! But could you let me know what you did - Sky has suggested a variety of installs and reinstalls, from the player itself to DRM to silverlight none of which has has any effect. I can't believe that this error isn't better understood to be honest but it would seem this is literally the only post on it. Any chance anyone can come back to me?