Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SkyPlayer - Subscription Problem

This is a discussion on SkyPlayer - Subscription Problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello, Increasingly frustrated - I have Broadband Unlimited + relevant subscription to watch live TV on skyplayer. My PC is ...

wideawake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Midland (CMMLD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

SkyPlayer - Subscription Problem

Hello,

Increasingly frustrated - I have Broadband Unlimited + relevant subscription to watch live TV on skyplayer.

My PC is registered as a device - main device.

I log on with my primary SKYID.

I can play live SKY NEWS no problem.

But any of my other subcription packages give the error that I must upgrade my subscription to watch live TV.

I can see in my Accounts Settings that I have an X against SKY Unlimited and an X against SKY multiroom.

I confirm I DO subscribe to SKY Unlimited, but do NOT subscribe to SKY Multiroom.

From what I understand with SKY Unlimited + relevant TV package I should be able to watch live TV.

Can someone please confirm what their account settings look like if they subscribe to SKY Unlimited (account settings within SKYplayer) - do you have an X against SKY unlimited?

I have contacted SKY - cough - Customer Support. Last Wednesday 10th Feb, heard nothing, chased today, they can not give me any information as to when they will resolve my problem.

My hunch is that my SKY unlimited is not being recognised by Skyplayer (SKYID account) - and so thinks I am not entitled to watch Live TV package.

Anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone else have similar customer service problems?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Red Bingo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: SkyPlayer - Subscription Problem

I've had the same problem recently. Was watching live tv fine on XBOX 360 and Sky player and then it started saying I didn't have the right subscriptions, even though I have the full package, plus I'm paying for the Sky Player multiroom package. Customer services equally useless. I tried unsubscribing the sky player multiroom online but that failed too! Great, now I'm paying for a service that I can't use or unsubscribe too!