Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky player problem. Please help

This is a discussion on Sky player problem. Please help within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi. New member to the forums. Looks like a good place with some really useful info. I have a problem ...

jay1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky player problem. Please help

Hi. New member to the forums. Looks like a good place with some really useful info.

I have a problem and this seems like the place to ask. I've recently upgraded my broadband package so I can get the full use out of skyplayer. All was going well too, until yesterday.

Basically I registered my laptop as the main computer. This was the only computer registered on the account. Yesterday though I launched the sky player only to be greeted by a message saying I'd already made changes to my registered devices and could make no more this month.

When I looked in registered devices there were now 2. My laptop still as the main computer, and another one with my login details However, even though my laptop is still clearly listed as the main computer, it wont let me watch anything.

It seems as though for some reason every time I am signing in to Skyplayer, it is seeing my laptop as a new computer and trying to add it as a device.

Has anyone seen this before or got any ideas how to fix it?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky player problem. Please help

I would be more worried what the other computer was. You haven't managed to register your laptop twice somehow perhaps ?

To be honest I think the only way around it is to give Sky a call and ask them to rest it for you so you can register your laptop as the main PC again. Get them to remove the other one.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thats just it though. The laptop is still registered as the main computer and I have deleted the other one from my account.

The problem seems to be that sky player is seeing my computer as a different computer rather than the one that is already registered.

Exchange:
      Thanks

noone?

Ok a kind of linked question then. How does sky player actually recognise what computer is accesing it. Is it just the IP address?

paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

this is a very anoying question i personnally have to contact sky about this issue at least twice a month. all they do is reset the count with any problems.

this is the last email i got

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><DIV>Dear ?,

<DIV class=Section1>Thank you for your email regarding Sky Player

The problem you are experiencing has been identified to have a number of possible causes; unfortunately the symptoms of the problem are the same in each case so it is necessary to try each fix in turn. To help improve this process for other customers we would appreciate any feedback on the success or failure of any fixes which you attempt.

We have reset your registered PC count, which will now allow you to register your main PC and 3 other registered PC’s. This reset may have resolved your issue, please go through the following steps:

Please note – The first PC you log in with will become your “main” sky player PC. This is the only computer you can watch Sky Movies and Sky1 programmes on. You can watch programmes from all other channels on any of your registered computers. – If you wish to amend your main PC, please refer to the “Accounts & Settings” option near the top right of the Sky Player page.

Please note – This part of the process only applies to using Sky Player through the browser

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Please sign in to Sky Player with your Sky.com username and password. <LI class=MsoNormal>Attempt to play back content on Sky Player, once the content plays back; you will receive a message saying that your PC has now been registered. <LI class=MsoNormal>Please sign out of the Sky Player application and sign back in again.
      • Attempt to play back content on Sky Player, at this point you should not receive a message advising that your PC has been registered. If this is the case, then the issue has been resolved and you do not need to proceed with the rest of the email. If you do receive a message, please continue with the next process.

Application Storage on Microsoft Silverlight

Checking application storage is enabled:

Please note – This part of the process only applies to using Sky Player through the browser

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Go to www.skyplayer.com <LI class=MsoNormal>Select “live TV” on the left hand side and select a channel <LI class=MsoNormal>Right click on the player (where content should be playing back), click on ‘Silverlight’ <LI class=MsoNormal>Go to the ‘Application Storage’ tab <LI class=MsoNormal>Check if the ‘Enable Application Storage’ box is ticked. If it is, proceed to ‘Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight’. <LI class=MsoNormal>If it is not already then tick ‘Enable Application Storage’ and click ‘Ok’ <LI class=MsoNormal>Sign in to Sky Player and go to watch a Live TV channel; you should see a message advising that your PC has been registered. <LI class=MsoNormal>Sign out of Sky Player
      • Sign back in and view Live TV again, this time you should not see any messages about your PC being registered.

Delete Sky Player application storage

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Go to www.skyplayer.com <LI class=MsoNormal>Select “live TV” on the left hand side and select a channel <LI class=MsoNormal>Right click on the player (where content should be playing back), click on ‘Silverlight’ <LI class=MsoNormal>Go to the ‘Application Storage’ tab <LI class=MsoNormal>Select the entries for skyplayer.sky.com and anytimepc.sky.com <LI class=MsoNormal>Click Delete <LI class=MsoNormal>Please repeat steps 4 and 5 for any other Sky Player entries. <LI class=MsoNormal>Sign out of Sky Player
      • Attempt to log in Sky Player play back content, if this does not resolve the issue, please proceed to the next part of the process.

Clearing the Silverlight application storage directory so that it can be rebuilt

Please note - this will remove application storage for all Silverlight applications on the PC and could cause you to lose saved data or settings for these applications.

1.Close Sky Player and all open browser windows

2.Navigate to the Silverlight local storage folder

In order to access this folder, you will need to open up the hidden files and folders.

Windows XP:

1.Click Start then My Computer.
      2.Click Tools, then Folder Options and then select the View tab.
      3.In the advanced settings box click Show hidden files and folders if it is not already selected
      4.Click Apply and then OK.

Windows <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cool thanks for the reply. At least that gives me something to try. I use sky player through the application rather than the browser, but will try those suggestions.

Have any of these worked for you?

highdef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01444
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes the same is happening to me, I email,d the Help team and they reset my count and I could start all over again. I also un-istalled Silverlight and installed back on again. So far all is well. But like you I have the same PC listed 3 other times.
      Also I was running the new ie 9 beta, so I rolled it back to the current version of 8.

What I would like to know from someone IS: If you have an ipod touch or iphone with the 2 Apps of Sky News & Sky+ would this register as an additional PC?

HamMan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fareham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay1 View Post
      Hi. New member to the forums. Looks like a good place with some really useful info.

I have a problem and this seems like the place to ask. I've recently upgraded my broadband package so I can get the full use out of skyplayer. All was going well too, until yesterday.

Basically I registered my laptop as the main computer. This was the only computer registered on the account. Yesterday though I launched the sky player only to be greeted by a message saying I'd already made changes to my registered devices and could make no more this month.

When I looked in registered devices there were now 2. My laptop still as the main computer, and another one with my login details However, even though my laptop is still clearly listed as the main computer, it wont let me watch anything.

It seems as though for some reason every time I am signing in to Skyplayer, it is seeing my laptop as a new computer and trying to add it as a device.

Has anyone seen this before or got any ideas how to fix it?

Cheers
      I sent a message to Sky Help re this Sky Player problem before reading this! I wont hold my breath that it will be permanently fixed soon, probably just ignored in the way the Caller Display problem has been!

Pessimist or realist, you decide...

skywave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01743
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Same problem here. At first skyplayer saw my PC. Next time it did not and I had to go through contortions to get it going again. Now it has locked me out 'til next month. I only have one PC !
      Case of now I see you, now I don't. Simply won't do Sky, your system of recognising devices is far too unfriendly and difficult and needs urgent attention!

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

skywave
      Hi it is more than likely the system security that you are using or firewall. I use fire fox and I E 8. Firefox was not updating the information so Sky player message that is not your registered Computer I rang Sky and was told to reinstall firefox and it was fixed in no time at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast