Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Player - small picture, stuttering sound

This is a discussion on Sky Player - small picture, stuttering sound within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, Iíve just got a new Win7 x64 WMC PC for the living room and would like to use WMC ...

ThickAsABrick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 50Mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Player - small picture, stuttering sound

Hi,

Iíve just got a new Win7 x64 WMC PC for the living room and would like to use WMC Sky Player to watch some on demand programmes. However, when I try playing one of the trailers for an episode of ď24Ē, the video plays in a window that isnít maximised and the sound comes out as occasional rustles and squeaks, i.e. completely unintelligible. All other sound works perfectly on this machine.

Iíve tried Sky Player on my Win7 x64 desktop machine and it works fine, so there is no problem with the broadband connection (Virgin 50Mb). Iíve compared the WMP technical support information and the WMP and DRM versions are identical, as are all the WMP binaries. The most significant difference I can see is that it reports a version number for the ACM Audio Codecs (6.1.7600.16385) on my WMC machine, but on the desktop the version numbers are blank. There are a few other differences I can share if anyone here is able to make sense of these things.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Advertisement
      ThickAsABrick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01628
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media 50Mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Player - small picture, stuttering sound

It turns out that the problem was with the sound card in my Mediacentre PC, the Asus Xonar DX. Changing the settings for the sound card as described here solves the problem.