Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Registered computers problem

This is a discussion on Registered computers problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi again! Got no replies to my last query so hoping for better luck this time! Basically i have had ...

safc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Registered computers problem

Hi again! Got no replies to my last query so hoping for better luck this time!

Basically i have had sky player for under a month and, in this time, i have used 3 computers to watch it. The main one, that i use almost every time, is my laptop.

A few days ago i went to watch a movie and clicked "sign in"- it told me i couldnt watch the movie as i was not on my main registered computer, even though i was. Still, i clicked "live tv" and the football came on, then i clicked back to movies and was able to watch

Now i have gone on, again on the laptop, and it now says i cant watch movies because i already have 4 registered computers, and this one isnt one of them! The 4 computers are one at my work, one i was using whilst at a friends house, and my laptop which is counting as 2 of the 4 devices! Since it still says it isnt registered, it is obviously trying to count it again! I could delete a device and add this one but next time i go to sign in it will say the same, that i already have 4 devices

Has anyone had any experience of this happening before? I have emailed their customer support and, for now, have cancelled my subscription because this is ridiculous. Its been bad enough getting buffering during the football and having it unavailable when xbox users came on board but this lstest glitch is just one glitch too many

2. Advertisement
      ervidel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT infinity
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Registered computers problem

I haven't even that many PCs registered with Skyplayer and cannot add this one I'm writing right now. It keeps on telling me that I have already made changes this month and cannot do what I'm trying to which is simply watch something on various channels that aren't Sky1 or Movies which I know can only be done when using the main PC or whatever they call it. I cannot even start viewing kids stuff. How duff is this?

Nothing works smuthly with sky

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

It stops people giving out their details to friends and family so they can watch Sky TV for free.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      It stops people giving out their details to friends and family so they can watch Sky TV for free.
      sorry but it doesn't make much sense your reply. Our problem is that we are entitled to register more PCs and it sin't allowing us to do so.
      The purpose of the registering is easy to understand but that's not the point here

Exchange:
      Thanks

I tried to call sky on 08442411599 which is the skyplayer number... almost no where to find unless you ask through their main number, but there is no way in going through this morning. What's going on there, are they having technical difficulties in the call centre or is their whole system breaking down and hundreds of customer wanting to complain?

what a rubbish service

safc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      wonderful like, but i should be allowed to watch on 4 computers, i have watched on 3 and it now wont let me watch on any of them as it says i have already registered 4 different computers, which i havent. this is a disgrace, i emailed sky support and, eventually, they got back in touch, asking me for my mothers maiden name etc, a week later having done that i have heard nothing else so have cancelled my subscription. it is a disgrace and your reply completely ignored what i said in my post and was thus absolutely worthless, thanks