Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Player problem

This is a discussion on Sky Player problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hey guys, first time poster here, I have just downloaded the sky player on the xbox and its working fine, ...

Chiblies is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky Player problem

Hey guys, first time poster here,

I have just downloaded the sky player on the xbox and its working fine, apart from the fact that I cannot seem to watch Live TV, It seems to say I am not a Sky Unlimited or Sky Sports subscriber when I am clearly a subscriber to both.

I have emailed Sky Player help but as always it takes a while to get things sorted, just wondered if anyone else has had this probelm or if anyone had any ideas of what to do to resolve this situation.

Chiblies

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Player problem

you need to make sure that the username you are using to login to Sky player on Xbox is associated with your Sky account i.e. linked to your primary viewing card number.

If it is, then you shouldn't have this problem. If it isn't then it needs to get fixed.

Call Sky Player support to confirm that your username is linked to the correct viewing card number.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Dont really wanna spend forever on the phone racking up a huge bill though but thanks for the tips, I think I am gonna wait to see what they say by email first.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It obviously recognises that I have Sky Sports because I can watch all the recorded stuff, it just wont let me watch the live stuff.

traxdata is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have a similiar problem. I subscribe to Variety Pack , Children's Pack , Knowledge Pack , Style & Culture Pack , Music Pack , News & Events Pack + Sky broadband.

Is it the case that I have to subscribe to multiroom to watch live channels. I can play pre-recorded stuff but not the live stuff. + Xbox 360 sky player is still not available. Complete pain in the back side

Exchange:
      Thanks

According to most things I have seen about requirements for Live streaming, it say that you EITHER must have Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, now I have the latter of the two but it still seems to be a dead end for me.

I emailed the Sky Player help team and they gave me the idea of cancelling my sky player account acvtivating it again, it has done nothing as far as I can tell, I feel the problem is that it doesnt seem to recognise that I have Sky Broadband Unlimited, but I have emailed them back and am awaiting a reply.

Will post the results.