Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help needed!

This is a discussion on Help needed! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, im wondering if anyone here can help me. I signed up on sky website and entered the number on ...

Sibone is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Help needed!

Hi, im wondering if anyone here can help me. I signed up on sky website and entered the number on the back of the sky card. I was doing this so i could sign up for sky player and for my xbox 360.

My parents pay the bills ect. But when i signed up it made me the primary user and in an email i was told that;

"Good news! You've successfully upgraded your Sky ID to become the Primary user in your household.

In addition to accessing great services like Remote Record and Sky Player, you can now enjoy all the convenience of managing your account online.

We have notified the previous Primary user that they are now a Secondary user on your account. They'll still be able to use the same services you are eligible for, but they won't be able to access any of your Sky billing information."

This is an issue! Now my parents wont be able to see the bills ect although the bills are in their names. I rang up sky and i couldnt get a straight answer out of them how to solve this.

I just want to know if there is anyway to delete my sky ID, and to not be the primary user anymore. Thanks

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Help needed!

tbh I am not sure if this could be reversed.

You could try,

1) Getting your parents to attempt to become the primary ID so to speak. I am not sure if this is possible, but worth a look on Sky's site, similar to how you managed it

2) Give your parents your ID details so they could view the billing side of things. IE Give them your username and password. And then try (again not sure if it is possible, try to change your email to your parents one in your ID)
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

another thing, my parents get the billing info trough the post. Will this still come?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sign into your Sky Account and then go to View My Bill, then choose Paperless Billing, and then make sure, Please send me paper bills is checked. That way the billing should still come through the post. If it is already.

ie Mine says,

Current Billing Settings

* You do not currently receive paper bills
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

somebody on the phone told me to get my parents to create an account and select 'make primary user'. This will probably be the best option for me so far anyway. Thanks for the help.