Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Skyplayer and 5.1 Stereo

This is a discussion on Skyplayer and 5.1 Stereo within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All, This may be a really dumb question - but please bear with me! I have recently installed SkyPlayer ...

viscount is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Skyplayer and 5.1 Stereo

Hi All,

This may be a really dumb question - but please bear with me!

I have recently installed SkyPlayer on to a PC that is linked directly to the TV with sound going through a seperate amp.

I downloaded the 6th episode of 'Lie to Me' the other day and was looking forward to watching it, unfortunately it appears that although the picture quality was fine, the sound was only basic stereo (or possibly mono), and not surround sound.

I know that everything else works fine from the PC - it just appears to be SkyPlayer.

Is this something that always happens, is it just this episode, have I done somthing dumb..?

Thanks

Vis.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Skyplayer and 5.1 Stereo

Sorry not an answer, but a question. How are you outputting 5.1 from the pc to amp, optical ? Just thinking about doing the same myself. Ive just run an hdmi cable which will take care of the vidreo for now until I can afford a graphics card that will output both via hdmi.

viscount is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Skyplayer and 5.1 Stereo

Hi,

I have got a 7.1 sound card with both jacks and digital. I currently have to use the jacks to my amp as I have used up all my digital inputs with other devices (SkyHD & PS3).

I link my PC to the TV with HDMI directly and then the sound card to the AMP. Ideally I would rather send the HDMI to the AMP along with a digital sound then it would only be one TV output from the AMP. Unfortuantley I have ran out of inputs!!!

I hope that helps!

Vis