Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Registered Computers problem

This is a discussion on Registered Computers problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've been having problems with my Skyplayer application so I thought I'd try stream through the browser. I was able ...

Sniffer8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Registered Computers problem

I've been having problems with my Skyplayer application so I thought I'd try stream through the browser. I was able to see the channel I chose but then a message at the top of the screen said I had to register my computer. I went to another page and followed the instructions. I went back, clicked on another channel and got the same registration message. I figured it was just a glitch so again registered the pc. i then received a messaage saying I had changed my settings too many times and couldn't view using this PC for a month. WTF? Anyone else had/heard of this problem? There are a couple of references to it on the official Skyplayer blog but no solution.
      Please note, this is not the same issue as changing your main computer but an apparently new procedure for registering extra computers so you can watch streamed content but not movies.
      Together with the regular Skyplayer problems I'm experencing I'm feeling very, very frustrated.

2. Advertisement
      Sniffer8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Thanks

Re: Registered Computers problem

Problem solved! When Sliverlight is open, right-click, go to Application Storage and make sure Enable Applcation Storage is ticked. Hurray!

emmanuela01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem with registered computers. How do you open Silverlight?

dave22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Its the live TV player itself, I've got enable application storage ticked, but it hasn't solved my problem with registered computer

Wicky65 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Silverlight storage was lready ticked and so didnt fix my problem either. Kept saying I had too many devices registered. Eh?
      So, when I looked, the same PC was being re-registered, 5 times with same PC name followed by 1,2,3 etc
      Called Sky and they offererd to rest it. Yeh, so it worked.
      Then next day, same again!
      When I called back again, I was told that "its to do with Windows updates which then causes SkyPlayer to re-register" up to maximum 5, and then its stuffed, basically.
      Sky response to this? "Well, you'll need to call us back to rest it again"
      Yep, that's the solution to a multi-million pound set-up folks. Ring them up to reset the registration.
      Nothing short of a joke

Paul1360 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Llantrisant
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi,
      It's a bug in sky player that's at fault, Sky know all about this and it's been a problem since the last player update for a lot of people. As sky player is being removed for WMC whether this fault will get sorted is anybody's guess