Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Player Won't Run..

This is a discussion on Sky Player Won't Run.. within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit and Mozilla Firefox. I've downloaded and installed the Sky Player. When I ...

jaiskorpio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Player Won't Run..

I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit and Mozilla Firefox. I've downloaded and installed the Sky Player. When I d/click to run, it runs Kservice/Khost, but nothing else happens.

I've had a look at the shortcut target, and after running Khost it's supposed to open a window and load the player, but that's not happening. I've tried it manually but it just hangs.

I've changed compatability to XP and Run as Administrator blah blah, but nothing I've tried so far works.

I know there are lots of different problems with the player, but does anybody know a solution to this particular one please?

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Player Won't Run..

There is a tech issue on the skyplayer at the moment that is under investigation, this may be linked to that if it only started very recently.