Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime Mobile App

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime Mobile App within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I recently changed my mobile from the Nokia N95 to the E90 and when I try to download the ...

The_Fellowship is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNGHL - Gants Hill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Anytime Mobile App

Hi,

I recently changed my mobile from the Nokia N95 to the E90 and when I try to download the Sky Anytime Mobile app (via Sky by Mobile) on the E90 I get an error saying the phone is not supported :-(

Does anyone know if the application is a Java app (*.jad/jar) ? or a native Symbian app(*.sis/sisx)?

If anyone has managed to download the application, would you be able to email to me please? I'm hoping it's a Java app and therefore should work on "any" Java implementation. I'll only provide my email address if anyone can confirm they have the installation file first.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fellowship View Post
      Hi,

I recently changed my mobile from the Nokia N95 to the E90 and when I try to download the Sky Anytime Mobile app (via Sky by Mobile) on the E90 I get an error saying the phone is not supported :-(

Does anyone know if the application is a Java app (*.jad/jar) ? or a native Symbian app(*.sis/sisx)?

If anyone has managed to download the application, would you be able to email to me please? I'm hoping it's a Java app and therefore should work on "any" Java implementation. I'll only provide my email address if anyone can confirm they have the installation file first.

Thanks
      Hi, yup, I managed to download Sky Anytime Mobile onto my Nokia N70 mobile using my PC's Broadband Internet connection via Bluetooth. After that, I did not install the Sky Anytime Mobile App yet, instead I access the phone's memory and send it across to my PC via Bluetooth, saved it on my PC hard drive, then send it to my Nokia N70 phone via Bluetooth, then install it on my N70 phone, it works but it wont let me use my PC's Broadband Internet connection via Bluetooth connection, instead, its just locked on using any phone operator's GPRS connection. It's *.sis file

Here, you can download the Sky Anytime Mobile App from the link below:

Sky Anytime Mobile

The_Fellowship is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNGHL - Gants Hill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime Mobile App

Thanks for the link, unfortunately when I try to install the application on my E90 I get an error saying:

"Installation of SkyAnytime_v5.0_RC5_Prod.sis is not supported"

Not sure why it's not supported???

Thanks

Edit:
      I found something that does the trick here:
      http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_novi...yWithoutTv.jar
      Last edited by The_Fellowship; 04-04-08 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Found link