Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't log in, on any username!?!?!

This is a discussion on Can't log in, on any username!?!?! within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone. I'm getting an error message when attempting to log into Sky Anytime PC. The error message is... Error ...

SMH
      SMH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can't log in, on any username!?!?!

Hi everyone.

I'm getting an error message when attempting to log into Sky Anytime PC. The error message is...

Error

An error occurred during validation
      Now I'm getting this on both of my 'MySky' accounts (one primary and one associated with) and I get the same message with both users, and I have added the application via MySky.

Anyone know a possible solution?

Thank you.

2. Advertisement
      plumbis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Can't log in, on any username!?!?!

I'm getting the same error message in XP. Did you find out what the fix is? I have dowloaded all updates to XP and Windows Media Player (now on v11).

Thanks

kitchenartuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01743
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have the same problem. Spent ages on the phone to sky trying to resolve the issue. Reloads, re-registration etc etc to no avail. Have you had any problems with Sky in the past? I had a falling out with them regarding an upgrade cost, after which these problems started. I had cancelled my subscription which was re-instated after the customer retention dept agreed to resolve my complaint. The log on to Sky Player may have been automatically cancelled and is not allowing re-instatement due to their systems showing it as a cancelled account. I suspect this may be the issue as they advised me to scrub the MySky account altogether and re-subscribe with a new log in name etc. This didn't work but that may be because it still shows my address as being the same. The sky adviser was stumped as all of the things they tried at their end should have worked to allow the log in but didn't. I have contacted Sky again to try and get their tech dept to sort the bug out but don't expect any result. If I do I'll keep you posted.

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've had the same trouble. I phoned Sky's help line as I was getting Error code 16 and was told to log on with my first username-I've got a second account. I've managed to log on and watch a good film, but try as I may I can't get logged on again and keep getting that same infernal error 16 message and it's getting on my nerves. I'm not ringing them up again.

Plus if you want to email them you have to insert all the ruddy subscription details, which I haven't got to hand as it's my hubby account.

Why are they making it soo difficult for Sky users?? Think Ged's right when he says it's not worth the bother and thumbs up for BBc's iPlayer.