Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Script Error when logging in

This is a discussion on Script Error when logging in within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I get the following error when i try to login to Sky Anytime: Error: A security upgrade is required to ...

lizzieg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Script Error when logging in

I get the following error when i try to login to Sky Anytime:
      Error: A security upgrade is required to perform the operation on this media file
      Code: 0

Can anyone please advise? Thanx

2. Advertisement
      plumbis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Script Error when logging in

I have spent days researching a fix for this error on all the various official and uinofficial help sites and forums. I am on XP with Windows Media Player 11.

I had already made sure I had every XP WMP upgrade available but still no joy. It is WMP DRM that is the problem.

The update required is here :
      Security component upgrade

However, things are never that simple, the microsoft upgrade page also has a bug ! The download button is dimmed out and unusable in certain scenarios (possibly the same as the original problem ?!!)

Here is the solution to that part of the problem :

In Windows explorer, navigate to \documents and setting\all users\DRM

It may not appear because it is a hidden operating system file so be sure you can view system and hidden files: Windows explorer - tools - folder options - "view" tab - uncheck the box "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"

Rename the dirrectory to DRM_BAK and then reload the Microsoft DRM upgrade page... now that MS checks it sees you do not have DRM and individualizes you again, and creates a new DRM store....

I have now just enjoyed the whole of the crucial Lost season 4 episode 9 and am feeling very smug ;o)

If this still doesn't work see also

Search Results

Discussions in Digital Rights Management