Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cant login on skyanytime + internet explorer script error

This is a discussion on Cant login on skyanytime + internet explorer script error within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hey When I open Sky Anytime on PC and click login I get the following pop up: If i click ...

Benoj2005 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cant login on skyanytime + internet explorer script error

Hey

When I open Sky Anytime on PC and click login I get the following pop up:

If i click yes, then this just happens:

So basically I can never login (I can log in on sky.com, so its there are no problems with my details)

Ive rang sky and they say that I have to ring microsoft. Ive looked on the microsoft FAQS and there are loads of script error resolutions but none for my exact error. Ive looked for an email for microsoft but any type of contact I can find is charged at high prices. Ive also uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times.

Anybody had a similiar problem? Anyone know anything that may be of help?

Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      tazzajb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant login on skyanytime + internet explorer script error

I get the exact same error. Been talking with SKY Anytime tech and the man is on the case. He has 2 on his list and he seems pretty sure of being able to fix it. We've tried allsorts too including installing the updated Windows Scripting Host just incase it wasn't uptodate.

If your post is still unanswered and you are not the other user this tech guy is helping and we have a fix I will post it for you.

Benoj2005 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers fella, if you could email me it to me also just incase i forget to check back! When I rang up they didnt know the problem so they said they would look into it and ring me back. They rang back a week later and said it was nothing to do with their software and it was a microsoft problem, so I would have to contact them.

So hopfully this isnt what will happen to yourself!

Hope to hear a solution soon!

Ben.

MenaceF1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01223
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

SOLVED!!

Hi All,

I thought you'd like to know that after much googling, and time on the phone with the Sky tech people, (who were actually really helpful), I've found a solution that works for me, and will hopefully work for everyone else, although as always, make sure you know what you're doing before you start tinkering with Windows system files.

The solution is to reset the DRM details on your PC, and this is how you do it.

First, find the "/documents and settings/All Users" folder.
      You will probably need to untick the setting to "Hide Windows System files" from explorer advanced options.

Find the folder called DRM and rename it to DRM_Backup. (ie - keeping a copy in case you need to put it back).

Next, start up Sky Anytime, and it should tell you that you need to install an update to Windows DRM. Install this update, and after that Sky Anytime should allow you to log in.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Toonamp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01638
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Any chance you can give us the direct link to the relevent download please, as though I've downloaded many supposed DRM updates non of them seem to work. and I still get the same error message.Thanks

tazzajb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toonamp View Post
      Any chance you can give us the direct link to the relevent download please, as though I've downloaded many supposed DRM updates non of them seem to work. and I still get the same error message.Thanks
      Thanks to MenaceF1. I got nowhere with the Sky tech. He was very helpful but basically gave up. The solution offered by MenaceF1 is spot on. It also helped fix the BBC IPlayer also and the fix is on the BBC IPlayer support website... So a double bonus. However I cannot get over that SkyAnytime is not free for those who sign up to the whole schebang. I pay the top wack for everything and don't expect to have to pay again to watch something that is being shown on Sky One... Take for example the new Battle Star Galactica 2 hour special due out soon on Sky One. If it's being shown for free on the TV it should be free to watch on Anytime!!!