Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Trouble registering Anytime on Mobile

This is a discussion on Trouble registering Anytime on Mobile within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I recently got Sky HD installed and decided I would quite like to have the option of remote recording. So ...

simon69c is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Trouble registering Anytime on Mobile

I recently got Sky HD installed and decided I would quite like to have the option of remote recording. So I set up a My Sky account on sky.com and then registered my mobile number via the Interactive menu on the Sky HD box. At this point I discovered that only record by text was the default and the Anytime by Mobile sounded far better - so I went back to My Sky to register for that as the sky box said, but there isn't anywhere I can see that gives me a link to do so. I just have options for Anytime on PC and Remote Record (the latter is simply a link to deregister the current remote record setting from my sky hd box and an 'about' help link).

The step by step guides are unfortunately no use as they simply talk about what you do with registering for remote record on the box (which I can do no problem) - and then tell you do login to My Sky and register for Anytime by Mobile, which I have no link for! I have managed to get the application onto my phone after reading about the link for it, but it simply tells me I don't have permission when I try to login and to register at my sky!

I did find something in the help files that mentioned you need a Sky Sports and/or Sky Movies subscription, which I currently don't have - but it also said a Sky Bet account would do too, so I created one of those and made sure to login to it from my Sky HD box (as there seemed to be no other way to 'link' the Sky Bet account to the My Sky account), but there is still no link to Anytime by Mobile in My Sky. Am I missing something really obvious?

I have to admit the My Sky page isn't particularly intuitive and I'm also not entirely convinced that it is properly configured - as besides the remote record de-register option, there seems to be no evidence that it knows I am a sky account holder. I have tried updating my account details and enter my postcode/house number/last six digits of bank account, but when I click next it simply takes me back to the My Sky 'homepage' and nothing seems to have changed?

Please Help! I did send sky support an email but am waiting for a response.

2. Advertisement
      simon69c is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Trouble registering Anytime on Mobile

Ah found out what the problem was - the Sky website had been playing up and had set the My Sky account as a guest rather than master, and apparently couldn't then be changed. The helpful CS agent told me I had to set up a new My Sky account and not enter bank account details and tell it that I don't pay monthly (even though I do) so that it would set up properly (the registration part of the my sky website seems to be a tad broken at the moment).