Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anytime by Mobile & Remote Record problem

This is a discussion on Anytime by Mobile & Remote Record problem within the Sky Go forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello forum, has anyone else suffered this remote record problem? I had remote record working perfectly on my LG Viewty ...

manmikey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01603
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anytime by Mobile & Remote Record problem

Hello forum, has anyone else suffered this remote record problem?

I had remote record working perfectly on my LG Viewty using the java file that is available on various forums. However since downgrading my package from movies mix to a basic 5 mix (i.e no premium channels now) the sky by mobile application will not let me log on, I get a message on my mobile saying "My credentials are correct I do not seem to have permission to use the mobile application"

Now this problem started after I down graded my package and after several calls to the sky by mobile helpline I am assured that i am still eligable to use this service and in addition i opened a skybet account which is also an enabler for the sky by mobile service.
      On my "MY Sky" page the the set up box to add the "sky by mobile" service is missing from where it should be between the "sky anytime pc" and "remote record" boxes
      I tried opening an additional user account but this does not give the sky by mobile option either.
      SKy CS tell me it is a known issue and other customers are having the same issue and i'll just have to wait untill "second line" sort it out! however I have looked far and wide on the net and there seems to be little evidence of others posting about this problem

So if any body can help with info, or is having the same problem, or has solved it then I will be most grateful if you can share what you know
      Mike

2. Advertisement
      manmikey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01603
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Anytime by Mobile & Remote Record problem

I got this sorted with sky "new media second line" support.

Since Sky introduced their new Mix packages you can have 2,3,4,5 or 6 mixes, of which I had 5. The "system" however only recognises 2, 4 or 6 ie an even number of mixes as a qualifier for Sky anytime by mobile, As had a 5 mix the system didn't allow me to use anytime by mobile. After upgrading to a 6 mix everything was fine.

Hope this helps someone else.....